Will travel extensively between USMC bases on the East Coast, from Washington DC to Jacksonville, FL.
- Serves as a SME for Cooper/MadahCom mass notification systems, transforming imprecise customer requirements into fully developed installation design plans.
- Performs site surveys of existing mass notification systems, develops IDPs and makes equipment recommendations.
- Perform equipment and/or systems design and integration. This includes design, installation and integration, interface, hook up, installation testing, system testing, and troubleshooting and repair/modification.
- Perform systems configuration associated with systems design and integration. This includes equipment/system programming and de-bugging, equipment/system application configuration, database input, and system interface design.
- Prepare or revise system or sub-system specifications.
- Obtain and provide detailed reliability/maintainability predictions and historical performance and failure data for components, equipment, subsystems and systems.
- Provide systems engineering and technical support for definition, development, or preparation of the following: requirements or specifications; trade-off/feasibility studies; system design and integration documentation; implementation plans and procedures.
- Conduct PITCO for integrated systems. This shall include, but is not limited to, installation tests and systems tests for system validation for all system performance requirements.
- Review manufacturer and other technical reports/studies as required fulfilling specific requirements.
- Conduct assessments to quantify and assess vulnerability of electronic sensors or equipment to natural and manmade (artificial) sources that would affect system performance. Develop probability of detection models at the device, subsystem, and site levels.
- Provide technical and management support in the areas of analysis, design, development, implementation, operation, training, data conversion, and documentation of automated systems.
- Manage the execution of multiple designs and installations of varying degrees of complexity.
- Programs Waves software and integrates new equipment with existing installations.
- Develops site specific user guides.
An Associates degree in electronics technology or a two-year civilian technical electronics curriculum or a four-year trade apprenticeship training program in electronics or graduate of a military Class 'A' electronics school. Must have as a minimum of 8 to 10 years hands-on experience in the field of electronics systems and equipment, installation, integration, and test and checkout. In addition must have the following
Cooper Field technician cert (in hand)
Cooper Advanced Field Tech cert (in hand)
Minimum 5 years working with Cooper WAVES
Certified tower climber - within 6 months of hire
Minimum 10 years working with design and engineering drawings
Familiarization with proper connector installation (n-type, Ethernet, etc) and termination (includes the necessary tools to make the terminations)
Minimum 10 years working with RF networks
This position requires a Secret clearance or the ability to obtain one.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Honeywell - 24 months ago
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...