Manager, IT QA
Location: RI - Pawtucket
Employment Type: Regular
Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company’s world class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, video games and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its customers through the strategic leveraging of well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. The Hub, Hasbro’s multi-platform joint venture with Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) launched on October 10, 2010. The online home of The Hub is www.hubworld.com. The Hub logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com. © 2010 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Manager of IT Development Quality Assurance / Testing
The Manager of Quality Assurance / Testing is a direct report to Director Managed Services with an organization of 2 internal employees and a team of 6-7 from our external development partners. This Manager will work closely with all Global Development Directors and will be responsible for development and implementation of all Test Management, Test Planning and Test Execution activities across systems supported by the 60+ internal staff in Hasbro by Global IT Development along with a team of external developers of a similar size.
This individual will work with the solution architects and business users during requirement and blueprinting phases to establish plans, ensuring new systems test all business requirements. During realization/construction phases, work with business and IT staff to develop testing scenarios to ensure comprehensive and controlled testing using automation wherever possible. Resulting test scenarios and automation will enable detailed, auditable controls resulting in savings of business testing time and improved quality of end product.
The Manager of IT Development Quality Assurance / Testing will work closely with business to plan, schedule and oversee testing is conducted and signed off before major implementations.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Support Global IT Development Application Systems to meet the highest level of quality. Develop and evolve end-to-end product lifecycle processes for overall quality development processes and procedures. (10)
- Establish effective end user testing strategies, procedures and creation of standard Regression and User Acceptance Testing plans. (20)
- Responsible for building a QA Test Team; defining roles, interviewing and selecting team members. Lead the identification and implementation of effective systems and tools to support the team. (25)
- Responsible for creating and executing partnership(s) with outside vendors to develop automation of processes which deliver consistent, on-time execution of all testing. (15)
- Responsible for the creation of Test Strategies/Plans, Test Schedules, Resource Plans, Test Metrics, Weekly Status Reports and Test Summary Reports. (15)
- Develop and track key operational metrics supporting tracking and managing product quality. (5)
- Oversee all test execution, defect triage meetings and test results. (10)
Education / Experience
- Proven teambuilding and leadership skills in working with Business Clients.
- Strong leadership skills in Quality Management and Testing.
- Experience driving solution delivery across a global, multi-region footprint.
- Managing quality and testing teams, and working with external partners.
- Proven success in driving ITIL standards and governance.
- Can influence software development to prove comprehensive requirements and design to ensure quality solutions.
- Skills to utilize tool sets for automation.
- Ability to develop Test Strategies/Plans, Test Schedules, Resource Plans, Test Metrics, Status Reports and Test Summary Reports across concurrent projects.
- Strong Project Management, communication and influencing skills.
- Leadership and team building experience.
- Ability to proactively identify project related risks and provide mitigation strategies.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Information Systems Management, Computer Engineering or related business field.
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in relevant technology field.
J2W Posting Code: Information Technology
Business Unit: Corporate
Hasbro Inc. - 2 years ago
Hasbro, Inc. (Hasbro) is engaged in providing children’s and family leisure time and entertainment products and services, including...