What We’re Looking For
We're currently looking for Admissions Counselors to recruit for our International Relations Master’s degree.
Recruiting students for our programs requires a consultative, customer focused approach, an ability to meet challenges head-on and a passion for changing lives through high quality higher education.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Conducting a high quantity of prospect phone contacts to web generated inquiries to secure weekly standard appointment
- Communicating approved sales presentations to promote program to prospective students solely over the telephone
- Determining appropriateness of student candidates for admission based on University admission requirements and career goal compatibility
- E-mailing correspondence to prospective students to follow up with their intent to complete an application
- Conducting vigorous follow-up activity with prospective students to ensure they are able to successfully complete the admissions and enrollment process
- Closely assisting and mentoring students through the admissions process
Things That Should Be in Your Background
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 1-2 years inside sales experience, educational recruitment, admissions or consultative sales; experience working within the program industry a strong plus
- Telephone appointment setting and keeping with proven ability to close a plus
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish rapport with customer base
- Ability to focus on specific quantifiable goals and deliver goals on a consistent basis
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task responsibilities at all times
- Ability to manage and maintain a sales pipeline
- Strong closing and follow-up skills
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
Founded in 2008 by a unique team of education veterans with unparalleled experience, 2U, Inc., formerly known as 2tor, Inc., partners with preeminent institutions of higher education to deliver rigorous, selective degree programs online to students globally.
2U supplies universities with the tools, expertise, capital, and global recruiting needed to build and support programs of quality and scale.
- Technology: 2U develops state-of-the-art technology platforms that give universities the ability to deliver traditional offline curricula in a unique online learning environment.
- Instructional Design : Our instructional designers work closely with faculty to translate classroom courses into a compelling combination of synchronous and asynchronous online and real-world experiences, using the best educational and social technologies available. We work side-by-side with professors to evolve those courses. We make improvements as usage and learning patterns emerge and new technologies become available.
- Infrastructure: 2U provides the support infrastructure and the logistical components of our partners’ online programs. This includes comprehensive student support services from enrollment through graduation and beyond, as well as practical learning experiences in communities around the world.
- Resources: 2U makes an upfront investment of over $10 million in each of our partner programs. By supplying capital and global marketing capabilities, we enable universities to give high-performing students around the world a transformational educational experience.
Since our founding, 2U has partnered with some of the most prestigious research universities to deliver groundbreaking online degree programs. You can read about our partners here ( www.2U.com/partners ).
And if you’re ready to help our team ( www.2U.com/team ) build the next great movement in higher education, consider joining us ( www.2U.com/careers ).
Why It’s Great to Join Our Team
There are plenty of reasons, but here are a few:
Benefits – at 2U we offer a great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability and 401k. We also offer paid time off and company holidays. That’s not all! Admissions Counselors receive a 100% paid tuition benefit for themselves, their spouse and their legal dependants.
Our Culture – We are a highly energetic, innovative start-up company with room to grow. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, and strive to maintain a casual, professional and highly productive work environment for our team. 2U employees enjoy many perks, including the ability to wear jeans to work every day.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans' status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay, and dismissal.