The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
How does the United States Mint connect America through coins? To hold a coin or medal produced by the United States Mint is to connect to the founding principles of our nation and the makings of our economy. Our commitment is to connect people nationwide to our country's shared heritage and values, as well as to one another, by forging the American spirit onto our nation's coins and medals. Come join us as a talented professional to help Connect America Through Coins .
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
This position is located in the Sales and Marketing Department.
As a Marketing and Public Relations Advisor, you will:
- Plan, design, execute, and evaluate the Mint’s programs, independently determining the methods and approaches to be used and developing new effective methodologies that foster improved customer management, and better meet the demands of market segments.
- Search for new digital information sources using customer data analytics for developing and promoting brand and media messages to a target audience using online vehicles, social media, promotional activities and print publications to increase sales.
- Plan, develop, direct, administer, implement, and evaluate the overall development of innovative enterprise-wide marketing strategies. Products include congressionally mandated commemorative coins and medals, bullion coins, annual Mint coin sets, and non-traditional products.
- Create new products and product design; quality control and service of products; direct creative development and market testing; direct overall product and channel development and opportunities; develop product pricing, forecasting and product planning and introduction; and create competitive positioning of product with brand and channel managers.
In order for your application to be considered, you must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
For the GS-15 You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service.
Specialized experience for this position is defined as experience executing an enterprise-wide marketing strategy by maximizing profitability and growth of products and developing concepts for new products; collecting, analyzing, and disseminating current information on available supplies, movement, demand, prices, marketing trends, and other facts relating to the marketing of products effectively, and utilizing such analysis to increase market awareness; conferring with senior-level management to ensure that they are provided with technical program advice on policies, program analyses, strategies/alternatives, and related issues; developing customer relationships through mediums including, but not limited to, direct mail, electronic (e.g., internet), public relations, joint ventures and partnerships, dealer distributor, and retail channels; developing and executing social media strategies including but not limited to the two largest social network sites as part of an effective and holistic marketing campaign; identifying internal and external communication needs and developing informational materials that inform appropriate publics of products and services available; and evaluating the effectiveness of customer outreach, internal and external communication, and marketing strategies developed.
Selective placement factor: The incumbent serves as a Marketing and Public Relations Advisor to the Mint executive team with responsibility for the development and execution of an enterprise-wide marketing strategy for the Mint. The Marketing and Public Relations Program is comprised of three key areas: brand management, channel management, and customer relationship development. The incumbent must have recent corporate marketing and public relations experience developing a broad range program strategy that resulted in maximized profits and increased product awareness with internal and external target audiences (manditory screenout) .
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application includes your:
2. Responses to the online questions, and
3. Required supporting documents.
We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
1. Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You may be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we may rate you as ineligible.
2. Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: planning and evaluating, strategic thinking, oral communication, written communication, and technical competence. We may lower your rating if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three categories, Superior, Good, and Acceptable, depending on your experience and education related to this position. Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
3. Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview. If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) ), you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as well qualified to receive special selection priority.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process.
To preview questions please click here .
We offer a workplace that is respectful, fair, and values diversity. Our comprehensive benefits are very generous - helping you to reach your personal goals by supporting your professional growth, health, well-being, and your family needs. Learn more about Federal benefits programs at: http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/Index/Interactive/Benefits#icc
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- We will not pay relocation expenses.
- This is a non-bargaining unit designated position.
If selected for this position, you will be required to:
- Complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9 ( http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf ). Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Travel locally and/or overnight approximately 1 to 5 days per month.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on.
- Undergo an income tax verification.
- Successfully complete a background investigation.
- Obtain and maintain a security clearance.
usajobs.gov - 19 months ago