Develop software for KVH’s satellite and navigation products in a team-oriented environment. The candidate, as part of the Software Engineering Team in a fast-paced high energy environment, will have an opportunity to work on design and implementation of embedded and application software for new products incorporating low-level wireless networking, state-of-the-art wireless ASICS and development of low-power firmware. The ideal engineer will have 3+ years of embedded software development, will have worked on networking products and protocols, and will have deep understanding of internals of Linux. Experience with embedded wireless products, networking protocols, sensor networks, robotics, machine vision is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Develop software in C, C++ or other selected languages for either embedded or application development for embedded Linux, RTOS, Windows, and Mobile Device environments
- Develop KVH satellite and navigation products in accordance with KVH’s software development methodology
- Test software using debuggers, emulators, simulators and logic analyzers
- Perform software releases and software quality assurance activities
- Perform maintenance activities for products already in production in addition to new product software design
Must be a US citzen or permanent resident.
- BS in Engineering from an accredited university required, MS degree is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in C or C++ for embedded, desktop or mobile OS required
- 3+ years of firmware, device driver and/or kernel development experience required
- Review product information including manuals and brochures for technical accuracy
- Participate in product definition activities including feature analysis and system tradeoffs
- Embedded Linux experience required
- Working knowledge of GNU or embedded development tool chain (Eclipse, CodeWarrior, Green Hills or Wind River, etc.) required
- Wireless and WiFi network development (security protocols, routing) required
- Sockets, TCP/IP and secure SSL/SSH communications programming required
- Experience with embedded wireless products, networking protocols, sensor networks, robotics, machine vision a plus
KVH Industries, Inc (“KVH”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KVH offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment and all employees regardless of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, military service, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by applicable law. An applicant who does not meet the minimum qualifications of the position(s) for which the applicant applies will not be considered for employment.
KVH Industries, Inc. - 2 years ago