At TASC we are committed to advancing our customers|
' missions and creating a safer world. See yourself designing the next vital solution to get ahead of evolving cyber threats or advancing security efforts to protect Americans at home and around the globe.
- Identifies user requirements, sets up computer databases and tests and coordinates modifications to the computer database systems
- Ensures the performance of the system, understands the platform on which the database runs, and adds new users to the system
- Responsible for database upgrades, backup and restore
- Perform optimization and tuning of data loads and extractions
- Perform server performance tuning
- Perform server and storage capacity management and planning for the most complex and critical systems
- Recommend and implement process and tool improvements to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization's change management and configuration management processes and systems
- Perform Backup, Recovery, daily maintenance duties and "break/fix" responses using published procedures and documentation
- Collaborate with software engineers, security administration, Computer Operations, Network Management and system administrators to ensure quality and integrity of databases, application software and data
- Be able to execute and complete assignments on schedule with minimal supervision
- Oversee the daily performance of database systems
TO QUALIFY, ALL CANDIDATES MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE/IN-HAND TOP SECRET SCI SECURITY CLEARANCE WITH POLYGRAPH
- BS Degree with 7+ years work experience with database administration/engineering duties
- Strong experience with Oracle or SQL database administration, design, tuning and queries
- Strong knowledge with Oracle 10g & 11g RDMS, PL/SQL, MySQL
- Strong knowledge with with application design techniques
- Strong knowledge with administering Oracle Transparent Data Encryption Strong experience with Partitioning, and Oracle DBA Functions
- Strong knowledge with installing/administering Oracle11g, including Oracle Enterprise Sever Edition
- Knowledge and expertise migrating from Oracle 10 to 11g
- Experience with data warehousing & modeling
- Experience with database optimization
- Ability to provide overview/articulate with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Experience with administering: Oracle Streams, Oracle Grid and Oracle Data Guard
- Experience in a variety of operating system environments; UNIX (Solaris,AIX)/LINUX/WINDOWS Experience with Coud based services: NoSQL, Hadoop, Cassandra
Join us and see your engineering and technology expertise help address the nation
's most pressing and complex challenges. For nearly 50 years, TASC has worked on the front lines with our customers on missions that strengthen security and safety and protect the basic values of our society. TASC provides systems engineering, integration and decision-support services to the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense and civilian agencies of the federal government. TASC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
Founded in 1966, TASC, Inc., helps solve complex national security and public safety challenges by providing advanced systems engineering,...