Senior Optoelectronics Researcher
Come join Intel's premier research group!
Silicon photonics is a research effort at Intel to revolutionize computing platforms by creating optical communication devices using traditional silicon manufacturing techniques. Bringing optical technology into the computing industry will transform the way computers work and the value that they provide to people.
As a Senior Optoelectronics Researcher, you will work with a group of research scientists and senior engineers in a fast moving R&D environment. You will be primarily responsible for the group's optoelectronic device fabrications and tests, including technical and schedule management of the group's III-V molecular beam epitaxy (MBE) and Si-Ge epitaxial growths. You will also be responsible for designing, modeling, and testing high-speed optoelectronic devices such as photo-detector (PD) and photo-receiver. In addition, you will be driving the long term solutions to the group's device fabrication challenges.
The ideal candidate should exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivation and creativity
- Strong analytical problem solving and time management skills
- An ability to work as part of a successful team
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant previous job and/or research experience.
- Must have a PhD in Material Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics or similar technical discipline
- Minimum 2 years of experience with III-V MBE and SiGe epitaxial growths
- Minimum 2 years of experience with optoelectronic device design and simulation; specifically with high-speed SiGe photo-detector fabrications
- Minimum 2 years of experience in semiconductor fabrications; including standard CMOS Si fabrication and III-V related fabrication techniques
- Minimum 2 years of experience in optoelectronic device testing; including device-level and modular level testing
- 4+ years of experience in the above skill sets
USA-California, Santa Clara
Feb 14, 2013
Apr 16, 2013
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 18 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...