Great company, great people, great products!!
and uncapped commissions with great accelerators?
NetApp was named in 2011 as one of Forbes’ most Innovative Companies in America and is consistently ranked by Fortune Magazine as one of the Great Places to Work in the US and globally. We are one of only six companies in the world with over $4B in annual revenues to grow at over 20% compounded annually between 2005 and 2010.
NetApp creates innovative products—storage systems and software that help customers around the world store, manage, protect, and retain one of their most precious corporate assets: their data. We are recognized throughout the industry for continually pushing the limits of today’s technology so that our customers never have to choose between saving money and acquiring the capabilities they need to be successful.
As a Commercial Select Systems Engineer in NetApp's Sales function, you’ll provide pre-sales support for a group of Account Managers with a defined number of accounts. You’ll present the value of NetApp’s solutions to prospects and customers with a focus on acquiring new customers and expanding our presence in existing accounts.
The essential responsibilities of the Systems Engineers are to work directly with customers in pre-sales and post sales situations, and to work effectively across functions with other NetApp employees in Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and Development areas. Specific responsibilities include:
- Identify customer needs and requirements.
- Define all of the elements of a customer's technical computing environment.
- Answer customer questions.
- Provide technical support to current customer and 'try-and-buy' test projects.
- Defining customer acceptance criteria for 'try-and-buy' evaluation projects.
- Pickup and deliver NetApp evaluation test system to customer site.
- Work with Account Managers to respond to RFP's.
- Attending customer calls with the Account Manager.
- Provide technical consultation and share product information to the sales team.
- Provide direction and mentorship to more junior Systems Engineers in the department.
Education and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order work successfully with prospects, customers, and cross functional teams to meet performance goals.
- Account management and project management experience.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Travel to the prospective customer's sites as necessary
Education & Experience:
- 8 to 12 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent is required. A Graduate Degree is
Full time / Part time
USA - Nebraska - Omaha
NetApp - 23 months ago
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....