- The incumbent applies leadership and technical expertise to multiple complex projects, or multiple project teams within a business support area, to develop cost effective and timely products as well as apply technical analysis, assess business needs and provide new and creative solutions to complex business and technical problems under minimal supervision.
- The incumbent will direct the implementation or provide technical expertise to projects.
- Lead in the team effort to design, develop, code, test and debug new complex software or significant enhancements to existing complex software.
- Lead review of input for documentation of new or existing software.
- Apply existing or introduce new and approved technologies to develop solutions.
- Lead others in the application of principles, theories and concepts and use of methodologies, tools, documentation processes and test procedures to complete projects.
- May lead team to select and manage vendor.
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of development principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline.
- Must adhere to all development processes (CMMI Level 3 or otherwise deemed best practices) to ensure appropriate flow of work with onsite, off-shore, and contract resources.
- Upon direction, be able to independently perform design of moderately complex enhancements to an existing system. Ability to perform this task and provide direction in this area would be preferred.
- Recommend alternative approaches considering application requirements and coordinating standards setting with programmers and analysts.
- Able to define resources required to complete assignment including analyzing requirements to produce a design, systems specifications and estimating the time and cost.
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Provide functional and technical guidance to project team members.
- Provide technical application and functional consulting to the IT organization & supported business team(s). Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field or the equivalent in training and experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years progressively responsible professional level data processing experience to include professional level experience as Senior Programmer Analyst or the equivalent in training and experience.
- Additional or concurrent experience analyzing, designing, refining, and maintaining information processing systems in a large or multiple applications environment.
- Additional or concurrent experience which demonstrates familiarity with development life cycles and project management techniques or the equivalent in training and experience.
- Familiarity with project leadership techniques.
- Experience using structured specification coding and documentation techniques.
- Work experience with at least one major computer application. Company Statement CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future. Disclaimer The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
CenturyLink - 2 years ago
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...