Maintain and improve the capacity and integrity of Midcontinent’s regional network.
• Maintain, repair, and upgrade the capacity and integrity of the regional network; create and implement action plans to develop, troubleshoot, and improve the network.
• Maintain the Headend, fiber, and power supply of the network.
• Be able to read, communicate, and contribute to system designs and network plans.
• Be able to read, comprehend, and utilize cable system maps and plans.
• Oversee activities of service, maintenance, and construction impacting the network.
• Test and review system designs and configuration; coordinate efforts with team members.
• Ensure that technical specifications meet service, regulatory, and franchise standards.
• Operate and drive a Company vehicle in accordance with Midcontinent’s “Use of Vehicle for Company Business” policy.
• Possess knowledge of Midcontinent’s safety program (Target Zero), practice and enforce safety rules and procedures; operate all equipment in a safe manner.
• Produce and maintain timely and accurate documentation.
• Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
• Adhere to Midcontinent Communications privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
• Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Mentor new hires as required.
• Demonstrate technical proficiency in several areas of the field.
• Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
• Support the mission, vision, and values of Midcontinent Communications.
• Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
• Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
• Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
• Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
• Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
• Actively follow Midcontinent policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• High school diploma or GED required. Associate’s Degree in electronics, or SCTE BCT or BCE certification preferred.
• NCTI Installer, Installer Technician, Service Technician, System Technician, and Fiber Optics certifications preferred.
• Three to five years experience in the telecommunications field.
• Working knowledge of construction, the National Electrical Code, OSHA regulations, state and local regulations, general safety standards, and the entire telecommunications system configuration.
Midcontinent Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Midcontinent Communications will not discriminate against applicants because of: race, color, creed, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, members or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
Midcontinent Communications - 17 months ago
Do you want to be a part of something big? You’ve heard this before – “We’re Midcontinent … Part of Our...