Company Information: Starcom is a world-renowned media agency that simplifies human understanding to deliver meaningful brand experiences. Starcom does this by creating the Space for Ideas, in peoples' minds and in the world, via a unique approach that gives the agency an unparalleled advantage. With over 1,200 employees, Starcom helps get the right consumers’ attention and delivers brand-building results for many of the world's leading companies. For more information on Starcom, visit www.starcomworldwide.com .
The Media Director leads a team of media professionals in the conception and delivery of innovative, well-targeted, business-building marketing solutions across a variety of media to meet or exceed client objectives. This involves the creation and execution of media plans, unearthing insights to inform the development of the media plan, and flawless execution on all fronts. May lead several Media Directors on a number of accounts or one team on one major account.
Required Skills, Experience and Education
- Lead strategy development for Bank of America Wealth Management Division
- Orchestrate business and consumer insight-driven media planning primarily against mass affluent segment
- Manage integration with creative agency to ensure alignment within channel planning process
- Oversee team responsible for integrated strategic planning
- Present media recommendations to executive-level client leaders
- Ensures that client relationships continue to be strengthened by quality of deliverables and client satisfaction with the work.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of client business, from current and historical perspectives.
- Able to demonstrate to clients how proposed media solutions will show expected return on investment with company.
- Actively listens to clients and continually identifies opportunities that make the company indispensable to clients, and, at the same time, is able to professionally and persuasively push back and redirect clients (saying “no”) when necessary.
- Ensures the quality of work for all client deliverables.
- Continually assesses the competitiveness of group practices against relevant competition, industries and markets.
- Recognized as industry expert with clients. ‘
- Manages client business profitably and in support of overall company objectives.
- Effectively negotiates fee with client(s) to ensure agency is making a fair profit, including scope definition that ultimately determines staffing. Manages accounts receivables for respective clients.
- Presents business plan to CEO/senior management and finance director to accurately forecast client revenue and indicate staffing mix and related expenses necessary to deliver on plan. Continually communicates to CEO/senior management, finance and HR as business needs change and gains approval to add or subtract from staffing plan accordingly.
- Ensures current staff is fully utilized and operating effectively to meet client needs within budget.
- Identifies and communicates client objectives to management and staff members and clearly outlines a plan to meet them.
- Actively participates in the overall management of the company, offering solutions to business problems and supporting senior management decisions and direction.
- Supports business development and other group directors in the identification, prioritization, positioning, high-level estimation, and scoping of new opportunities. Leads and/or supports the business development team in the creation of presentations and proposals to win new client business.
- Takes a leadership role in the recruitment of new staff members.
- Provides vision, direction, management and support to individuals within group. Continually articulates company and group mission as well as group goals and individual goals. Continually communicates with individuals to ensure people and their work are aligned with group mission and goals.
- Continually assesses group members' professional development to determine where group members are along their career path and supports vision and mission of the company. Identifies development plans and supports group members’ growth into positions of progressive responsibility with increased levels of contribution.
- Proactively communicates performance goals, as well as accomplishments and improvement needs to staff members on a regular basis. Prepares thoughtful, thorough, and timely annual (at least) performance appraisals that consistently and fairly indicate staff members’ performance relative to expected performance for each position – and completes documentation according to established timeframes. Effectively and professionally handles performance issues as they occur.
- Effectively trains and develops media associates, supervisors and AMDs in company practices as well as planning and/or buying strategies and execution. Trains administrative assistances and media coordinators to support group needs. Ensures that staff members take advantage of SMGU offerings to continue their professional development.
- Ensures productive working relationships among team members and between agency departments, other agencies, clients and media vendors. • Behaviors and deliverables consistently demonstrate thought leadership and innovation.
- Recognized as media (planning and buying) expert with team and with other groups within the company.
- Develops process improvements and best practices to ensure consistency, flexibility and efficiency resulting in solutions that meet or exceed clients’ expectations.
- Develops relevant white papers, case studies and/or a body of work for presentation to internal and external audiences. Helps market company’s services via relevant speaking engagements at conferences and seminars.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; MBA a plus
- 10+ years of progressive levels of responsibility in media planning, buying and management
- Demonstrated business acumen and a track record of success in the media services profession
- Able to establish and manage to P&L statement
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Solid interpersonal and teamwork abilities
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Strong analytical abilities
- Strong command of media research and reporting resources
This business helps advertisers reach out to the consumer universe. Starcom MediaVest Group is a leading media planning and buying agency...