Your Career Forecast is Sunny and Bright with the National Weather Service. The National Weather Service (NWS), the world's preeminent weather and atmospheric sciences organization, offers you an opportunity to help protect American lives and property. Since 1870, the NWS has served the public by providing forecasts and hazardous weather warnings while studying the most dynamic forces of nature. Contribute your talents to this tradition. The National Weather Service...Working together to save lives.
This position provides general administrative support to the National Weather Service, Weather Forecast Office (WFO), River Forecast Center (RFC) or Division performing a variety of administrative duties to relieve the supervisor of administrative, coordination, staffing and office management details.
This position is also being advertised as an Administrative Support Assistant, GS-0303-08 under announcement number NWS-SR-2013-0044 (open to status candidates). You must apply separately under each announcement to be considered for each announcement. Payment of relocation expenses is NOT authorized. A one-year probationary period may be required. This is a bargaining position.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Suitable for Federal employment.
- Registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov)
- Qualification requirements must be met by closing date of announcement.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Be responsible for overall general management and execution of all administrative functions in an effective and timely manner.
- Independently plan, manage, develop and control a wide variety of administrative programs and actions necessary for day-to-day operation--both routine and unusual.
- Have knowledge of human resources, budget, procurement, contracting, property management and logistics.
- Have knowledge of various organizations within the agency and knowledge of applicable procedures and regulations.
- Perform administrative duties listed above efficiently and effectively.
Qualification requirements in vacancy announcements are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook, which contains federal qualifications standards. This handbook is available on OPM's website at: Qualification Standards .
There is no positive education requirement for this position.
Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and responsibility to the next lower grade level (GS-07) in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience need not have been in the federal government.
Specialized experience for the GS-08 level is defined as: Experience serving as the principle administrative assistant to management level official or comparably positioned person performing a wide variety of administrative support functions including procurement, budget/finance, human resources, property management, and office automation.
For the GS-8 level, there is no educational substitution for specialized experience. Your resume must document specialized experience and support your responses to the vacancy questions.
For more information about the qualifications requirements for this position: HERE .
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the vacancy announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire (True/False, Yes/No, Multiple Choice questions) and place you in one of three pre-defined categories. These categories are "gold," "silver," and "bronze." However,your resume and/or optional cover letter must support your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire, or your score may be lowered. Candidates placed in the"gold" category will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview.
How vou will be evaluated for preference eligibility: Within each category, those entitled to veterans' preference will be listed at the top of the pre-defined category for which they are placed. Preference eligibles with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category (gold) depending on the position and grade level of the job. The scored occupational questionnaire will evaluate you on the following competencies; please do not provide a separate written response:
For more information about Category Rating, please go to: Category Rating
- Knowledge of spelling, punctuation, captialization, arrangement, grammar, style, syntax, and required formats in order to edit documents.
- Skill in office automation, database management, spreadsheets, word processing, and related graphics software.
- Knowledge of administrative concepts , principles, and procedures sufficient to perform administrative support fucntions.
- Knowledge of several administration programs such as human resources, budget, procurement, contract administration, property management and logistics.
To preview questions please click here .
NOAA offers a comprehensive benefits package. Explore the benefits offered to most Federal employees at Benefits .
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement.
ICTAP candidates will be eligible if it is determined that they have exceeded the minimum qualifications for the position by attaining at least a rating of 85 out of 100. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on the Office of Personnel Management's Career Transition Resources website at: CTAP/ICTAP . ICTAP applicants MUST submit the following documents:
1. A copy of your RIF separation notice, notice of proposed removal for failure to relocate, notice of disability annuity termination, or certification from the National Guard Bureau or Military Department that you are eligible for disability retirement.
2. A copy of your SF-50 "Notification of Personnel Action", documenting your RIF separation, noting your positions, grade level, and duty location, and/or Agency certification of inability to place you through RPL, etc.;
3. A copy of your latest performance appraisal including your rating; and
4. Any documentation from your agency that shows your current promotion potential.
The following links provide information on how you may be eligible for various hiring authorities: • VRA • 30% or more disabled veteran • Persons with Disabilities • ICTAP
usajobs.gov - 2 years ago
We are a family-owned winery located in San Martin, California, just 20 miles south of the Silicon Valley. Our scenic grounds with sweeping...