Responsible for preventative, basic, and complex restoration, maintenance and construction within the professional construction trades; including, but not limited to electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and sewer on 90 facilities covering over 78,000 acres at Camp Guernsey.
- Perform all phases of new construction, remodel projects and facility maintenance work, to include: vertical and horizontal rough construction, interior wall layout and framing, sheet rock placement, mudding/taping, painting, floor treatments, and all phases of finish work.
- Maintain, repair and replace building exteriors and interior components including walls, windows, doors, roofing, ventilation, and insulation.
- Perform preventative maintenance on plumbing, mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic systems to ensure optimal operation.
- Install, maintain, repair, and troubleshoot underground sprinkler systems, water wells, water storage tanks, sewer lift station, and sewer and septic systems
- Exterior preparation, mortar preparation, rock placement, and finish work to historic buildings in compliance with state statute
- Design, construct, and install furniture, cabinetry, picture frames and bulletin boards
- Estimate work order costs for materials, equipment and time. Read construction blueprints, diagrams, and other drawings for maintenace and remodeling of existing facilities.
- Concrete preparation to include land excavation, ground leveling, setting forms, concrete pouring/finish work, and ground finish work for sidewalks, building construction, fire hydrant/water valve installation/repair and various other projects
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of applicable building codes.
- Knowledge of power woodworking, metalworking and masonry equipment.
- Knowledge of grades, kinds and uses of various woods and wood products.
- Knowledge of concrete masonry units and bricks, asphalt and concrete repair.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations in relationship to construction operations and with vehicle and/or aircraft maintenance facilities.
Preference will be given to those with 3-4 years of progressive work experience in Skilled Trades with acquired knowledge at the level of a Skilled Trades Laborer
*Please view the Class Specifications (Class Code TDST06) and the State required Minimum Qualifications for this vacancy at:
Guernsey is a remote, rural community with a population of approximately 1064. Locally, there are medical clinics, hardware store, grocery store, service stations, and restaurants. Wheatland and Torrington are 25 to 35 miles from Guernsey and have multiple restaurants, services stations, fast food, and general shopping. For larger personal shopping there are malls in Cheyenne and Casper, WY and Scottsbluff, NE, all approx. 90 miles from Guernsey.
Successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a Federal Security Clearance.