Two to three years college level courses/Associate’s Degree/Diploma in Nursing.
Bachelor’s degree in nursing desirable but not required. RN License and training and certification in medical case management required . Three to five years experience in Workers’ Compensation and/or Integrated Disability Management.
Primary Job Functions
Medically and/or vocationally manages and/or assesses workers’ compensation and short term/long disability cases in order to facilitate return of injured/ill employees to productive lifestyles in a cost-effective and timely manner. Goal is to work toward a comprehensive system of integrated disability management.
- Facilitates communication among/between Presbyterian Occupational Medicine Clinic, Presbyterian Rehabilitation, outside providers of specialty medical care, and Presbyterian Human Resources, Risk Management and Safety in order to minimize the period of disability for work-related as well as non-work-related injuries and illnesses.
- Establishes a professional rapport with injured/ill employees, family members, Presbyterian as an employer, and treating health care professionals in order to facilitate the rapid and effective treatment of injuries/illnesses while maintaining an emotionally neutral position and avoiding the role of patient-advocate.
- Maintains ability to work with all of the above parties in situations which may become or seem to be adversarial.
- Maintains self-discipline in an independent work environment while maintaining as appropriate caseload and setting priorities within this caseload.
- Seeks medical input as appropriate from Presbyterian Occupational Medicine physicians in difficult, slow to resolve, or unusual cases.
- Possesses flexibility in adapting to a varying caseload and good time management skills.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborates with Employee Health Nurse as needed
- Performs other functions as required.
Presbyterian Healthcare Services - 11 months ago