Be a part of our award-winning team. We at Heartland want to make our service area the best and safest place in America to receive health care and live a healthy and productive life. At Heartland we believe our caregivers and medical staff are the key to our success.
As a valued caregiver:
The Clinical Dietitian-ADA collaborates with members of the health care team to provide medical nutrition therapy and nutrition education. Assesses nutrition needs of patients screened for moderate to high-risk. Identifies nutrient requirements according to age and disease specific need of patients. Develops and implements the nutrition care plan to address patient problems. Fosters continuity of care. Evaluates and monitors the effectiveness of nutrition interventions. Provides nutrition education to patient and caregivers on appropriate food selections and eating behaviors to accomplish patient goals. Participates in performance improvement. Contributes to the evaluation of the nutrition technicians. Assesses, evaluates, and maintains professional development and competency.
Skills of the Clinical Dietitian-ADA include:
- Enter information into medical record and/or electronic medical record.
- Assess appropriateness of diet order and make recommendations.
- Reassess patient nutritional status and adjust plan of care based on needs.
- Assess patient learning needs,provide appropriate education materials and methods.
- Demonstrate nutritional knowledge and expertise.
- Demonstrate knowledge of age specific requirements when assessing patients.
- Utilize system standards, documentation standards.
B.S. Dietetics or Nutrition - completion of a Coordinated undergraduate program or internship.
Registration or registry eligible through Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association; maintain registration by completing 75 hours continuing education every 5 years. Dietitian licensure through State of Missouri required.
Three months in hospital dietary department.
We offer a progressive work environment and a great atmosphere for career growth along with an excellent salary and an outstanding benefit packag
Heartland Health - 16 months ago