The Photographer will be one of three photographers working in Burton’s new internal photo studio. This position will encompass several roles in the process of photographing Burton product in studio and sometimes on location. They will work under the guidance and direction of the Senior Studio Manager and Lead Photographer. Tasks will involve maintaining high volume product photography work flow, equipment management and tracking, product styling, fulfilling in-house company photography assignments and general upkeep and maintenance of the studio. Candidate will follow strict lighting, technique and composition guidelines delivered by Lead Photographer to achieve desired results. Following specific direction and maintaining consistency are critical components of the position. Other responsibilities include lifestyle and editorial assignments. A portfolio of commercial work is required. Technically you don’t have to ride to get this job, but it sure helps you and the team.
- Strong photographic lighting and compositional skills.
- Proven experience and can excel and thrive in a studio environment that straddles both a high-volume work-flow and a traditional editorial/still life environment.
- Is comfortable mentoring and providing oversight of other photographers to ensure consistent quality.
- Strong on-set skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently of others.
- A strong commercial photography portfolio that demonstrate expertise in applied techniques and a working knowledge of digital photography, lighting, composition color quality and aesthetics.
- A degree in commercial photography and/or related field.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Capture One Pro.
- Proficient on Mac.
The Burton Corporation made snowboards before boardsports became extreme. The company, doing business as Burton Snowboards, is the...