Position: Store Manager
Status: Full time, Exempt
Reports to: District Manager
The first Sur La Table store opened in Seattle's Pike Place Market in 1972 selling hard-to-find kitchenware imported from France. Since then the company has expanded to more than 75 stores nationwide, a direct-mail business distributing millions of catalogs each year, an e-commerce site, a gift registry, and a cooking class program.
Sur La Table prides itself in being the premiere retailer for creative cooking and artful entertaining through a legacy in culinary innovation, authenticity and discovery. If you have a passion for exceptional customer service and authentic culinary tools and serving pieces from around the world, we welcome you to join Sur La Table as part of our team.
Store Managers drive sales results and deliver our brand promise of "Trusted Authority". This position is vital in maintaining our company's history and culture of customer service excellence both internally and externally. Managers exemplify our hiring principles and core values while creating an environment that brings our mission to life!
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Responsible for driving store results including: sales, payroll, shrink and overall expenses
- Model and create environment for exceptional customer service
- Leads and Champions Sur La Table vision and strategies
- Oversee and deliver all operations, merchandising, visual and sales directives
- Recruit, retain and develop an engaged sales driven team
- Identify and develop next levels of management
- Continuously performance manage staff, provide on-going feedback
- Protect all company assets and maintain Loss Prevention critical controls
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with staff, customers and corporate office
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Network and recruit talent on an ongoing basis
- Other duties as required
Job Requirements (including but not limited to):
- Oversee Culinary Program and Culinary Manager
- Drive revenue and sales results
- 3-5 years retail management experience
- Proven ability to drive sales results and motivate teams
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to plan strategically and execute tactically
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Retail POS systems
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights & weekends as business dictates.
- Must be able to climb ladders on a regular basis
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds on a regular basis
Sur La Table - 20 months ago
In 1972, the first Sur La Table store opened in Seattle’s Pike Place Market. It was a place where serious cooks found a surprising...