ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
Provides quality and timely service to the customer through the recruitment, training and supervision of lawn six (6) to twelve (12) lawn care specialists. Provides effective coaching and development of field staff so that they may positively impact customer retention through exceeding customer expectations.
• Evaluates quality of service provided to customers and develops procedures to minimize customer complaints.
• Ensures diplomacy concerning customer service-related concerns.
• Coaches and develops lawn specialists and trainees.
• Works with other managers to identify ways to reduce customer cancellations.
• Recruits, interviews and selects personnel needed to efficiently staff the service function.
• Evaluates performance, makes salary recommendations and administers disciplinary actions consistent with company policy.
• Plans and conducts new hire and on-going training for service personnel in customer service skills, technical skills, safety policies and procedures.
• Supervises six (6) to twelve (12) lawn associates to ensure service (production and sales) goals are met.
• Maintains positive morale among personnel and actively promotes teamwork.
• Examines associate work for accuracy, neatness and conformance to best practices as well as company policies and procedures.
• Determines work procedures issuing oral and written instructions.
• Expedites workflow by coordinating the sharing of information between customer and field technician.
• Prepares work schedules and assigns and monitors duties to service personnel for efficiency.
• Prepares composite reports from individual reports of subordinates.
• Conducts daily and weekly management meetings.
• Ensures that a safe workplace is provided for all associates by ongoing training and adherence to company policies.
• Maintains Department of Transportation Pre/Post Trip Inspection and Drive Qualification files.
• Ensures current licensing is maintained by all associates as required by company policy/state and/or federal law.
• ServiceMaster Commitment
• Customer Orientation/Positive Impact
• Results Orientation/Sense of Urgency
• Change Mastery
• Relationship Building/Sensitivity
• Talent Development
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Organizing and Planning
Education and Experience Requirements
• Two year college degree in a business-related discipline and two (2) or more years of
related experience in lawn/horticulture/agronomy/lawn care services or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Two or more (2 ) years experience supervisory management experience with staff of six or
• Certificates, licenses and registrations as required by federal and state law.
• One or more years of sales experience preferred.
• Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) from four-year college or university preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of leadership and with front line
• Excellent leadership skills in team building, selecting talent, training, mentoring and developing a sales team, executing goals
• Excellent time management skills
• Practical knowledge of service industry and experience in developing and executing sales
• Strong computer literacy.
• Strong interpersonal skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
ServiceMaster - 17 months ago
ServiceMaster merrily mows, scrubs, sprays, and trims. A giant in its industry, the company serves millions of commercial and residential...