A Gander Mountain Zone Manager - Softlines is responsible for creating a sales driven culture by engaging customers, providing leadership to sales associates and responsibility for management of the store. The leadership the Zone Manager provides directs the execution of the goals and strategies developed through their observation, as well as the direction of the Store Manager and company objectives.
Assist in leading the store in the absence of and along side the Store Manager
Set high expectations and hold others accountable, reward success, community involvement, promote brand recognition, clearly communicate policies and expectations.
Promote Sales and Profit Generation by meeting sales and profit goals, market appropriate merchandising, execution of plan-o-grams, use reporting tools as a guide in decision making.
Drive Operations and Budget Management by reducing costs while maintaining standards, achieving shrink goals, managing labor and other controllable expenses.
Connect with customers by asking open-ended questions to assess customer needs and make relevant suggestions for the customer’s outdoor lifestyle needs. Engage and share knowledge with customers and other associates. Drives store sales by suggesting additional items to customers to meet their outdoor lifestyle needs.
Plan and delegate by executing company directives and inspiring the team to accomplish objectives, schedule and clearly assign and communicate work.
Develop people through recruiting, training, and evaluating associates through performance feedback, trimly reviews and development plans.
Establish and maintain functional, productive working relationships across the organization as well as in
Follow and implement company processes and procedures including all compliance requirements, meet timelines as well as monitor progress and adjust timelines as needed.
- Complete other duties as assigned
Education/Experience : BA/BS in Business or related field with 4+ years’ retail management experience, preferably in a big box format or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Gander Mountain is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Proven ability to lead and develop solid teams, manage process, and build relationships and influence decisions.
- Outstanding oral and written communication, interpersonal, persuasive, leadership and negotiation skills are required to interact with all levels of the store team.
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude and enjoy meeting and interacting with customers.
- Demonstrate excellent selling skills and the ability to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to freely access all areas of the store including sales floor, stock area and register area by standing, walking, stooping, crawling, climbing, crouching, kneeling and climbing a ladder; ability to lift, and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change with ability to manage multiple priorities and responsibilities.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to effectively maneuver in a Windows environment and through Microsoft Office products.
Gander Mountain - 23 months ago
Gander Mountain has got the gear to get you out of the office and up the mountain. The company operates nearly 120 outdoor sporting goods...