Quicken Loans is the No. 1 online mortgage lender in America, closing loans in all 50 states, and the fifth largest residential mortgage lender in the nation. We've been named to Fortune Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list for the past nine years, ranking as high as No. 2
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Quicken Loans Creative Team - a team of energetic, professional designers that focus on supporting the Quicken Loans Marketing Team!
Our Senior Web Designer must have passion for design in the digital realm and a portfolio to match. Be ready for multiple tasks, team collaboration, tight deadlines, a high-volume workload and working with an outstanding and passionate Creative Team! You'll be collaborating with Project Managers, front-end Developers, and other Web Designers to produce motivating, creative and exceptional designs for the web.
The ideal candidate has:
- Maintain knowledge of web design trends, technologies and internet standards.
- Develop and design interfaces and tools to navigate a website with a strong focus on user experience.
- Design websites with an understanding of cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Chrome, etc.)
- Display initiative in creative problem solving and seek a thorough understanding of deliverable objectives.
- Support business development efforts by providing high-impact visual solutions.
- Act as a mentor to other Designers on the team.
- Help with other design projects as the need arises.
Candidates must submit a digital portfolio (online or PDF) to be considered for an interview.
- A degree in Interactive/Web design or Graphic design
- 5+ years experience designing websites.
- A solid foundation of color, space, typography, and the formal design process.
- Working knowledge of web UI standards and best practices.
- Strong communication skills, time management skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects with varying timelines.
- The ability to think critically, ask questions, and execute on tasks.
- A professional approach to receiving constructive feedback.
- The desire to design for the best user experience possible while adapting quickly to our constantly changing business needs.
- A positive, team player, attitude and is comfortable working in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Experience working on a Mac platform in Adobe CS6