Develop, recommend, and implement credit risk standards for products or assets the company finances or underwrites. Assess and approve credit limits and monitor credit exposure for routine and complex transactions. Apply credit management models to current assets or underwritten products to recommend shifts in collateral or reserves to mitigate credit risks.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- This position will work on development or updating of published policies, eligibility standards and requirements related to insurance for 1-4 family properties, including units in condominium and cooperative projects.
- Communicates and coordinates with other departments on insurance policy related inquiries from internal and external stakeholders.
- Conducts research and analysis on various insurance related matters (e.g. hazard, liability, title, flood, earthquake, etc) and develops solutions.
- Serves as a subject matter expert within the company for insurance related single-family Selling policies, standards, and practices.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 2+ years of related experience
- Must have three to five years of experience with various property and casualty insurance products used in single family mortgage market (e.g. hazard, flood, wind, earthquake or liability).
- Must have a working knowledge of the pricing of these various insurance products and how changes to the terms of the coverage will impact not only pricing but the risk associated with any change.
- Must understand the coverage requirements and the availability of coverages based on different property types (single family detached, condo, PUD, etc) and locations (coastal, flood plains, earthquake areas, etc.)
- Must have proven project management and execution skills; strong written and oral communication skills, and strong analytical ability
- Must have excellent risk evaluation skills with demonstrated ability to prepare concise, accurate, well-supported reports for decision-making
- Should have experience in writing policies and procedures
- Beneficial: knowledge of corporate insurance products such as Fidelity Bond and Errors and Omissions policies. This would knowledge of the coverage, deductible and pricing requirements of these products.
- Beneficial: demonstrated single-family mortgage credit risk management and/or policy development experience
- Beneficial: knowledge of single-family mortgage origination and servicing with focus on insurance related requirements and practices
Cherokee Information Services, Inc. - 18 months ago