This newly-created position will be responsible for managing all global tax compliance and accounting requirements for UnitedHealth Groupâ€™s global operating and support businesses. Additionally, this position will have oversight responsibility for managing transfer pricing analysis, documentation and implementation. The position will reside in the Corporate Tax Department and is projected to have three direct reports and seven total staff within the next six months. Additional responsibilities may include assistance with merger and acquisition due diligence and post-acquisition integration.
Manage all income tax compliance processes on a global basis for all jurisdictions in which UnitedHealth Group operates.
Manage quarterly income tax provision process.
- Manage U.S. tax reporting requirements, with responsibility for the current team.
- Manage non-U.S. component of the global effective tax rate analysis.
- Supervise India and EMEA tax managers (pending position).
- Develop global compliance tracking and reporting systems as necessary.
Direct third parties, staff and business segments to insure compliance with global transfer pricing reporting requirements, and engage in planning strategies as opportunities arise.
- Direct quarterly US GAAP global provision process for all non-U.S. operations, with responsibility for the current team.
- Coordinate with corporate accounting and corporate systems to insure tax accounting requirements are satisfied in PeopleSoft system
Manage the U.S. foreign tax credit position and planning.
- Engage and oversee third party transfer pricing service providers.
- Insure documentation requirements are satisfied in al jurisdictions in all which the company operates.
- Coordinate implementation of transfer pricing analyses with business segment finance personnel.
- Coordinate intercompany financing positions with Treasury.
Assist with international M&A due diligence and managing integration activities.
- Oversee and improve current process for managing foreign tax credits.
- Coordinate annual dividend planning and cash repatriation requirements.
Develop process documentation as necessary.
Position requirements/experience/skills and abilities
Already Fortune 25, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
- Eight or more years of direct experience as a tax professional at a multinational company and/or large accounting firm.
- BS/MS in Finance or Accounting.
- Certified public accountant designation/license is a plus.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Based in Minnetonka, Minnesota
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...