If you have a passion for organizing large events, meticulous attention to detail, and desire to develop your career in marketing and event planning, then the Marketing Specialist - Event Planning position at kCura is for you. By joining our marketing team, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the success of kCura by executing an engaging and educational kCura user conference. You will be rewarded with mentorship and unique growth opportunities, as well as exposure to an exciting and growing industry.
- Deliver a flawless event experience for event participants, sponsors, vendor partners, and staff.
- Ensure that events and content delivery strategies are aligned with kCura’s strategic objectives.
- Maintain strong internal and external communications and develop relationships with all event stakeholders, including attendees, kCura staff, sponsors and vendor partners.
- Research and determine event venues. Serve as a knowledgeable point of contact for contracted venues.
- Develop and maintain event timelines, prepare reports, and conduct analyses relating to the planning, objectives, and effectiveness and direction of event operations as needed.
- Work closely with the event production team to negotiate agreements with vendors, outside providers, and subcontractors to ensure lowest cost and highest quality of service for all events.
- Supervise design and execution of event surveys and other tools to measure the success of the event programming and logistics. Assist the event production team with the development of an evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the event and identify areas of improvement. Assist with developing and implementing a long-term event strategy that demonstrates the continued evolution of the conference.
- Provide assistance for planning logistics and generating appropriate content for staff and event participants.
- Work closely with kCura’s marketing communication team to implement approved communication strategies for promoting the event. Assist with establishing communication protocols and operating procedures with planning committees, vendors, and program staff.
- Assist with the coordination of a team of events professionals, ensuring effective planning, development, and on-site execution of the event.
- Keep up with current events trends and research similar organizations' events and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of event and/or conference planning and execution experience required, with a demonstrated increase in responsibility
- Advanced project management skills required; CMP designation a strong plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success in working on multi-million dollar events with multiple stakeholders
- Meticulous attention to detail and a strong design aesthetic
- Proven history of initiative, creativity, and self-motivation
- Superb organizational skills; able to deftly manage multiple project simultaneously
- Strong collaboration skills across interdisciplinary teams
- Expert-level proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team environment with quickly shifting priorities
- Previous experience coordinating and motivating event staff
- Previous experience with online event registration and management tools
Although kCura's technology focuses on solving the core problems faced by the legal industry today, kCura often provides custom solutions to...