The Senior Systems Analyst is a technical resource who will have responsibility for maintenance and project deployments on a variety of existing and new technologies within the organization (SAP, SAP Business Warehouse (BW), BEx Reporting, SAP Business Objects Reporting (BOBJ), SAP MDM, SAP HANA, SAP Data Services, etc). As part of the BI Team, he/she will provide production support for the department’s applications working closely with those in the Programmer/Analyst role to assist in the management of the BI applications. The position will entail managing projects and production deployments through the Software Development Lifecycle; consisting of developing requirements, requirements trace matrices, test scripts, and conducting system testing for projects and production releases. This position also acts as the liaison between IT and the customers to ensure the quality of the finished product meets the requirements.
Under minimal supervision, this position performs the following:
- Works with customers and IT teams to elicit and develop system and reporting requirements
- Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with the company's system architecture standards.
- Works with developers to scope out the high level design
- Acts as liaison between IT and customers
- Creates and maintains requirements specifications, trace matrices, test scripts and test plans, and production support release schedules
- Performs testing of databases and systems, including regression testing for upgrades and patches
- Documents testing issues/errors and tracks them to resolution
- Generates objective evidence of testing
- Acts as a resource for system questions/provides user assistance
- Follows all applicable approved departmental procedures
- Establishes and documents system parameters and formats, ensures hardware and software systems compatibility and coordinates and/or modifies system parameters in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities.
- Revises existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
- Exhibits solid communication skills and interaction with other people at all levels of the organization
- Volunteers for and participates in IS strategic initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in IT; MBA preferred
- Experience with the following technologies preferred: SAP, SAP Business Warehouse (BW), BEx Reporting, SAP Business Objects Reporting (BOBJ)
- Project Management experience or PMP Certification preferred
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize work (be able to juggle multiple and shifting priorities
- Strong computer skills
- Experience with data warehousing, reporting, and transactional systems preferred
- Must be detail-oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proactive in communicating to appropriate persons to resolve issues
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Be able to understand multiple technologies (SAP BW, BEX, BOBJ, etc.) and user groups
- Willing to learn
- Critical thinker
- Experience with developing and maintaining documentation that meets company regulations for software development
- Have project management fundamentals
- Experience working with offshore resources preferred
- Ability to work with multiple sources in a complex data warehouse
Boston Scientific Corporation - 19 months ago
Boston Scientific knows that nothing is simple in matters of the heart. The company makes medical supplies and devices used to diagnose and...