Position Title: Client Solutions Analyst (Finance/HR)
Departmental Title: Information Technologies
Supervisor’s Title: Chief Information Officer
The Client Solutions Analyst (CSA) is responsible for soliciting and documenting requirements and ensuring that system configurations are optimized to meet customer expectations. The CSA is expected to have heavy client involvement/interaction and to become an expert in communicating application functionality and assisting in documenting requirements, testing and training.
Working with clients to document requirements, analyze business related issues to formulate and develop new or modified solutions. Develop functional specifications, design specifications, test plans, and security requirements. Identify areas where systems solutions will meet the customer needs. The CSA will document all requirements and testing efforts. May supervise work of other analysts or support functions. This position requires strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Bachelor's degree that included or is supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any of the combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, or organization and management.
2. Eight + years' experience as a Functional / System /Business Analyst role in a complex environment, preferably a government contract.
3. Experience gathering requirements and designing the user experience.
4. Experience with complex software configurations application of use cases in the analysis, development and testing processes.
5. The ability to create and maintain effective user documentation is important.
6. Advanced computer skills.
7. Some structured Project Management experience preferred.
8. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
1. Perform requirements gathering using a variety of techniques to define and document complex business requirements and processes.
2. Create detailed descriptions of user needs and translate them into functional requirements specified in an appropriate level of detail for effective implementation
3. Document system functionality through use cases.
4. Participate in review sessions with technical and business staff, including all levels of management.
5. Understand data.
6. Must be detailed oriented.
7. Manage and track requirements through the various lifecycle stages from business needs through design and delivery.
8. Assist with managing client expectations.
9. Develop necessary software documentation and documentation of meetings and decisions.