Provide account administration support for all managed accounts for D. A. Davidson and Davidson Investment Advisors (DIA) to contribute to accurate client account information.
(Including specific Education and License requirements)
- High school diploma or three years related office experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills
- Working knowledge of general accounting principles
- Math skills
- Ability to operate a PC, calculator and scanner
- Familiar with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Open managed asset accounts in a variety of computer systems according to the appropriate managed asset program (SAM, MAC, DIA, UMA, MFP, Paragon, Russell, Choice) selected for the client by the Financial Consultant (FC). The position must understand the criteria for each program and understand which system(s) (SIS, Aspire, Advent, MOXY, APL, Smartleaf, Placemark, MA Access Data Base, MA Internal Data Base, Goldmine, Reliance, AS400) the account must be entered into.
- Review all managed account documents and information to contribute to complete and accurate client account information. Identify any problems, notify appropriate personnel and follow through to resolution.
- Update client accounts as directed by the FC to include name. Ensure information is changed in all applicable systems.
- Review both cash and security positions in various computer systems to ensure the accounts are balanced. Identify any out of balances and follow through to resolution.
- Close managed asset accounts as directed to contribute to effective and efficient account administration.
- Notify investment managers of any deposit and withdrawal information and follow through until traded.
- Act as a liaison between FC’s and investment managers to facilitate client special requests in particular tax loss harvesting.
- Buy and sell mutual funds for the MFP and Russell programs according to the model criteria. Identify the positions in the account. Run them to the selected managed model. Enter the trades, both buys and sells, to trade the account to the model. Forward ETF trades in the model to the Managed Asset trading desk.
- Provide account administration functions for direct DIA accounts and support back office functions for those accounts.
- Create account opening, closing and change letters for the managed asset programs. Review letters to ensure correct information is provided. Mail letters to the clients, distribute copies to appropriate FC and file copies in the correspondence files.
- Review daily reports for exceptions and take the necessary action to resolve.
- Document and update procedures as necessary or as assigned.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned.