Transports and delivers product or material by operating a tractor/trailer truck.
- Determines condition of vehicle by inspecting vehicle before and after use; logging inspection; reporting requirements.
- Ensures correct loading of vehicle by loading product or material; directing material handlers.
- Delivers product or material to destination by identifying destination; selecting route; driving the vehicle.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment supplies; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains safe vehicle and conditions and protects load by complying with organization policies and procedures and highway rules and regulations.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains records by completing driver log; obtaining shipper and receiver authorizations; filing documents.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Energy Level, Deadline-Oriented, Dependability, Persistence, Time Management, Customer Focus, Safety Management, Equipment Maintenance, Scheduling, Map Reading, Reporting Skills