This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. Schedule will consist of an average of 3 shifts per week with the possibility of some nights and weekends. No call.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Anethesiology. The position is located at Barnes-Jewish Hospital. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The Acute Care Nurse Practitioner will assume a primary provider role in the care of general surgery and trauma patients, in collaboration with a board certified intensivist, in an intermediate/critical care area at Barnes-Jewish Hospital. Compensation includes competitive starting salary and generous Washington University benefits package.
1. Provides direct patient care to include obtaining patient history, performing patient assessment via observation, interview and examination; orders, performs, and interprets diagnostic studies; performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care; provides direct treatment and management of acute and chronic disease conditions; develops and implements patient-centered plan of care in collaboration with physicians, patients, consultants, nurses, ancillary care providers, and others as appropriate to the patient’s condition
2. Manages health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources; may perform diagnostic or therapeutic interventions consistent with certification and state regulations
3. May bill for services covered by collaborative practice agreement
4. Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options, and community resources
5. Monitors/ensures accuracy of patient medical records, maintains all required reports, records, statistics, etc.
6. Maintains a safe, comfortable, and therapeutic environment for patients/families in accordance with established clinic/hospital standards
7. Provides management services for clinical research study projects; monitors participating subjects, including medication administration and family/patient education
8. Works in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental, and infection control standards
9. Regularly participates in constant quality improvement and process improvement activities centered on the goal of providing exceptional, evidence-based patient care
10. Enhances professional growth and development through educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops
Current MSN with emphasis in the Nurse Practitioner program; APN licensure or ability to successfully obtain licensure within 3 months of date of hire
Certain/additional certifications may be necessary based on area of specialty; Required ACLS provider.
Prefer a candidate with 2 years critical care experience.
Must have completed national certification exam and obtained nurse practitioner status in the state of Missouri.
Competitive starting salary based on experience and market.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Med School HR website (http://medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
- Retirement Savings Plan
- 22 vacation days
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Sick Time
- Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
- Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
- Free Life Insurance
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flex Spending Plan
- Other Benefits
Applicant Special Instructions
This position is required to complete additional credentialing processes if it directly interacts with Barnes-Jewish or St Louis Children's Hospital patients.
This position is not eligible for an employee referral bonus.
Washington University in St. Louis is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women, ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Washington University in St. Louis (WUSTL) is the gateway to higher education for more than 13,000 students. Founded in 1853,...