PPV Product Development Engineer
As a member of the Enterprise Microprocessor Group (EMG) within DEG, you will be responsible for Processor Platform Validation (PPV) test software development and integration for Intel Desktop and Server CPUs as part of the processor development team. PPV is a system-level test that is used to test microprocessors in the high volume microprocessor manufacturing process. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Developing PC system based test programs and test suites
- Interacting with various work groups to define and track platform readiness
- Developing test methodology definition for new device features and functionality
- Specifying custom motherboard and BIOS features (DFT) needed for future PPV strategies and future CPU architectures
- Performing system level debug and characterization of PPV test programs for new CPU's with associated Motherboard, Chipset, BIOS, and test platform control software
- Performing debug and failure analysis of factory yield issues, including test program's intermittent false failures
- Define and execute a robust test coverage selection process that meets outgoing component quality and factory test time requirements.
- Partner with process development and procurement organizations (STTD/ITO) to develop cohesive PPV test software and hardware strategies and architectures that meet quality and business goals in the ATM factories for testing CPU's.
Must have a BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
Requires a minimum of one year experience in the following skill sets:
- Board or system level test development, product engineering, or similar field.
- Hardware skills: PC platform, BIOS, Drivers, IO technologies
- Ability to use debug tools like ITP
- Skills to differentiate hardware failures from software failures at the OS, BIOS, driver level
- Programming in or using: DOS, Windows* and Linux* operating systems
- Knowledge of Intel processor and PC system level architectures
- Software skills: experience in a higher-level programming language, either VB/VB Script, Perl or Python, or C/C++
- Knowledge of Intel Assembly language
Nov 13, 2012
Nov 14, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 22 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...