Basic Function: The Senior Enterprise Applications Developer will write code in a team environment which includes research, design, debug, and test for next generation commercial enterprise level software applications while contributing to the existing product line.
- Designs and develops TITAN Client/Server functionality to manage company products, for both new and existing product line.
- Responsible for coding and maintaining the TITAN database layer for the Server and Client interaction.
- Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Consults with engineering team members to evaluate operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Participates in technical reviews of product requirements.
- Generates and documents new software for release.
- Develops and runs unit and integration test casesand reviews functional tests to support the quality assurance group.
- Updates existing product lines as needed.
- Works in both an independent and team member environment to meet product delivery goals.
Required Skills and Abilities:
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years development experience in design and development of commercial enterprise level software applications.
- Experienced in C++ and scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Tkl/Tk.
- Cross platform development including Linux and Windows, QT (Nokia/Digia) library.
- Experience with one or more of the following preferred:
- Relational (SQL) database programming, MySQL is a plus.
- Linux software distribution, Fedora, Redhat, RPM
- Server management technologies, including ssh, SNMP, TACACS+, RADIUS
- Ethernet, TCP/IP network programming
- Protocol analyzers, LAN management
- Agile/SCRUM experience a plus.
- BS degree (BSEE or BSCS strongly preferred, MSCS a plus) or the equivalent in training and experience.
- 5+ years experience using formal software development processes.
- Strong software development/writing skills using object-oriented design and coding techniques.
Grow beyond today’s technology - APCON is a pioneer in the field of flexible network switching technology. APCON products play a key role in ensuring that data networks across the globe remain secure and fully operational – around the clock, without fail – including those that support online banking, stock trades, shopping, video streams, media downloads, and more.
If you want to work at the forefront of technology, we invite you to learn more about APCON.
Packet Aggregation Switching, Aggregation and Filtering, Network Monitoring Productivity Solutions, Enterprise Network Solutions, Data Center Solutions, Test Lab Automation
APCON - 23 months ago