Manages and enhances relational databases for data storage and processing.
Administers policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company database.
Cleans and maintains the database by removing and deleting old data
Optimizes data access and reviews, validates, and improves table maintenance code (QA)
Troubleshoots and resolves issues related to database performance, capacity, replication, and integrity
Executes strategies for warehouse implementation, data acquisition, and archive recovery
- 3+ years experience in database administration, data management, integration, and reporting working with relational databases; experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server Enterprise, Oracle, or other enterprise-grade RDMBS (including SQL coding / scripting experience) is required
- 2+ years ETL experience working with Informatica and/or TalenD and/or Pentaho PDI a plus
- Experience working with multiple groups to document data flow diagrams (DFD) and assist in evolving the data architecture in alignment with the vision for the Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Experience integrating marketing, sales (transactional) and operational data in a consolidated data warehouse
- Experience tuning data for analytic / reporting tools such as Tableau, Business Objects, SAS, etc. is a plus
- Proven ability to work as an implementation team member with critical individual contributor responsibilities
- Proven self-starter who takes initiative and accountability for seeing a job done well
- Experience with various SDLC (software development life cycle) methodologies
- Ability to review, validate, and optimize code and data produced by others
- Responsible individual with strong analytical skills and judgment to independently handle assignments
- Strong written, in-person, and telephone communication skills with all levels
- Must be detail oriented with a proven record of accuracy and thoroughness in all projects
- Preferred: Degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience
The Database Administrator will be responsible for ensuring the integrity and accuracy of a variety of databases to support internal and external clients. The DBA will be a knowledgeable database practitioner who executes routine operational processes and maintains quality database systems and solutions.
Javelin - 13 months ago
Javelin Technologies is a fully authorized and certified SolidWorks training and support organization. The company provides mechanical...