Bayer HealthCare (BHC) makes an important contribution to human and animal health with its innovative products and by researching new therapeutic approaches promoting science for a better life throughout everything that we do. Our Specialty Pharmaceutical business ranks among the top 10 specialty pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Our global research and development is focused in five distinct areas: Diagnostic Imaging, Hematology/Cardiology, Oncology, Specialized Therapeutics, and Women's Healthcare. As a specialty pharmaceuticals company, we focus our efforts in areas of high unmet medical need and where we can have the most impact. Our Medical Care division consists of Diabetes Care and Radiology and Interventional. The Diabetes Care division is one of the largest blood glucose monitoring businesses in the world, supporting customers in 100 countries. Radiology and Interventional is the world's leading supplier of contrast agents and injection systems for diagnostic and therapeutic medical procedures. The business also supplies mechanical systems for removing thrombi from blood vessels. Our Consumer Care business is a top competitor in many important product categories including analgesics, cough and cold, and nutritionals. More than 3,000 employees support 14 manufacturing sites in 11 countries dedicated to e nsuring the delivery of a secure, high-quality, cost-effective supply of our products around the world. Our Animal Health business in North America is dedicated to making the world a better place for our veterinary customers, their clients, and the animals we all hold dear.
Bayer†s corporate culture is an important factor in the company†s success. Central to this culture are our values: Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility and Efficiency, summarized by the term LIFE. They provide us with guidance for our daily work as we seek solutions to the major challenges of our time, in line with our mission statement †Bayer: Science For A Better Life". US MA DI Neuro Hem We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences. We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes. The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) provides scientific and objective information to healthcare providers and researchers in therapeutic areas of interest to Bayer HealthCare (BHC). The MSL serves as technical and scientific support in the field for healthcare providers ensuring safe and effective use of Bayer products including timely adverse event reporting and responses to unsolicited requests for detailed product and disease state information. The MSL also develops a complete understanding of national and regional experts in specific therapeutic categories and the healthcare environment in which they work. The MSL will collaborate with internal business partners as an expert consultant to meet specific scientific needs of internal and external contacts within specific therapeutic and geographic areas.
The MSL primarily interacts with healthcare providers, researchers and academic experts in the field. This is a unique position within the organization as these highly trained, field-based individuals with advanced degrees represent Bayer to its external customers via routine contacts and responses to requests for additional scientific information. The MSL also interacts with internal partners in support of training, research and educational initiatives and in some instances participates in strategic planning meetings bringing valuable scientific expertise including external feedback from healthcare providers to the business planning process.
The MSL is both an individual contributor and a team member. As an individual contributor, the MSL utilizes their advanced technical competence and refined interpersonal skills to represent Bayer as a scientific based organization with integrity. The MSL contributes to the Medical Affairs team to enhance communication between healthcare providers and internal partners improving communication with thought leaders while ensuring that all interactions adhere to the compliance guidelines. As an internal expert, the MSL may also contribute to other internal teams depending on the specific internal initiatives and the background of the individual MSL.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintenance of scientific expertise
Opinion leader engagement
- Complete core training curriculum and basic MSL Certification;
- Full participation in therapeutic area updates and/or training initiatives e.g. journal clubs;
- Medical conference attendance and reviews;
- Routine self-paced reading of current publications;
- Professional licensure with CEU documentation where applicable;
- Completes recertification and advanced certification were applicable;
- Leads journal reviews and team discussions;
- Coordinates or leads internal training initiatives.
Direct scientific exchange
- Criteria based selection and validation to identify and confirm opinion leader (OL) status;
- Routine contacts with OLs;
- Research site identification and investigator sponsored study (ISS) support;
- Speaker training and evaluation;
- Advisory Board Support;
- Advisory Board coordination or presentation at meeting;
- Liaison between OLs and internal partners.
Professional organization involvement
- Presentations to external audiences;
- Timely, accurate, specific and balanced responses to professional requests for information (PIR) in collaboration with Medical Communications;
- Adherence to SOP and FDA guidance for distribution of scientific information;
- Adherence to SOP and compliance guidelines for all external contacts;
- Presentations to internal audiences including medical affairs (MA) and commercial partners;
- Team member for strategic internal projects with cross-functional partners.
Ascertain and report current therapeutic area trends and other field intelligence
- Establish and maintain contact with relevant medical, research and educational societies within assigned geography;
- Attend and report on local, regional and national meetings;
- Identify educational gaps and opportunities within regional and national organizations;
- Coordinate team coverage of major national meetings including program evaluation, required attendance and high quality meeting reports.
Complete and accurate documentation
- Review and share current guidelines and treatment protocols for internal review;
- Report relevant competitive activity;
- Report new compound development information and potential collaborations when appropriate or requested in line with corporate strategy.
Collaborate as an internal scientific expert
- Complete and timely documentation of interactions and contacts within appropriate databases;
- Administrative reports, such as expense reports and status reports completed in a timely manner.
VALUE ADDED (To the success of the company)
- Resource development and review e.g FDA Ad Com preparation;
- Lead project teams or task forces within Medical Affairs;
- Contribute to product development initiatives in collaboration with Global Product Development or other internal partners;
- Lead internal training initiatives.
What is measurable outcome if the tasks above are performed successfully?
Additional Preferred Requirements:
- Establish and enhance Bayer Healthcare†s (BHC) image of scientific excellence and integrity with US healthcare providers;
- Establish and maintain long-term engagement with opinion leaders and academic centers of excellence regarding BHC scientific initiatives and business objectives;
- Help to ensure the safe and effective use of the BHC portfolio of products;
- Discover additional portfolio opportunities for BHC via research collaboration or expert consultation;
- Provide strategic insight to internal business partners that result in efficient decisions and continual process improvement.
- BA/ BS Degree required. Advanced degree in Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Medicine, Nursing or equivalent experience is preferred;
- 2+ years in healthcare or pharmaceutical industry as a MSL preferred, clinical development or other clinical experience may substitute for MSL experience;
- Computer literacy and the ability to learn essential software programs;
- Demonstrated expertise in drug information communication;
- Excellent project management ability;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Working knowledge of FDA, OIG requirements;
- Understanding of clinical trial design and biostatistics;
- Ability to critically evaluate the medical literature;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to build productive work relationships both internally and externally;
- Ability to work independently and a proven self-starter;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Good organizational skills with thorough attention to detail ensuring timely follow-through;
- Ability to travel and manage a demanding schedule.
- Post-doctoral residency/fellowship training in one or more respective therapeutic areas associated with Bayer Healthcare†s portfolio ( such as Oncology, Hematology/Cardiology, Neuroscience, Diagnostic Imaging, Women†s Healthcare);
- Didactic teaching experience (i.e., lectures on related topics presented at university type setting);
- Demonstrated expertise in the drug discovery and drug development process
- Established track record in basic or clinical research.
- Salary and grade level will be commensurate with experience and/or education level.
Bayerjobs.com - 13 months ago
For when you can't "bayer" the pain, Bayer Corporation makes your medicine. The US headquarters of pharmaceuticals and...