K¹² is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expectations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs. These are just a few of the values that make K¹² a great place to work.
Regular Education Teacher Position Description:
Teachers are responsible for ensuring that students achieve mastery of learning objectives. Teachers provide guidance, instruction, and support, manage the learning process, and focus on students’ individual needs. Teachers monitor student progress through K12’s interactive lessons and daily assessments, and they work actively with students and parents to advance each child’s learning.
As part of their regular teaching responsibilities, teachers are expected to fulfill duties in the following areas:
Planning and Preparation
Instruction and Student Achievement
- Learn the curriculum in its entirety for assigned grade levels.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the state standards and how both align with the K12 curriculum.
- Understand overall diversity of assigned families and individual characteristics of students/parents
Virtual Classroom Environment
- Support parents with student curricular and instructional issues.
- Responsible for student academic progress and attendance.
- Conduct conferences with parents/responsible adults and students.
- Individualize instruction to help each student achieve K12 curricular objectives.
- Collect and review work samples. Grade work, as appropriate.
- Alert administrators to any concerns about student performance and progress.
- Maintains regular contact with students and families
- Create and manage home office.
- Implement school policies and procedures.
- Organize social and educational activities for students and families, including sponsorship of one virtual club.
- Establish and maintain a positive rapport with assigned families.
- Support parents with school set-up and logistics questions.
- Support parents with set-up and maintenance of their teaching environment.
- Support parents and students through basic computer troubleshooting.
Initiate and coordinate student clubs or teams.
- Collaboration with peers.
- Build community by contributing to school message boards, newsletter and events.
- Travel to and participate in staff meetings and professional development sessions.
- Support the school administration with student recruitment activities.
- Support the national network of teachers in K12.
- Interact regularly with students via phone and email communication.
- Provide subject-specific support to parents and students including study halls, ClassConnect and Office Hours.
Grade 7 - 8 Requirements
The ideal teacher candidates will also have:
- 3+ years teaching experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or professional experience
- Appropriate state certification
- Meets state’s NCLB’s Highly Qualified Teacher requirements
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Experience using search engines (Internet)
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Very self-motivated
- Flexible schedule
- Experience coordinating academically-oriented clubs and extracurricular activities
- Ability to travel several times per year to attend designated meetings, and training
EOE and Drug-Free Workplace
- Experience working with the proposed age groups
- An ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools)
- An ability to support and guide adults as well as students
K12 - 14 months ago
K12 isn't a missing element from the periodic table, but it could help kids learn the periodic table. The company offers online...