Under general direction, provide HR Director support in conducting and implementing various unit, division and UC-wide projects and initiatives. Project level work to include pulling raw data, initial analysis, and refining data into meaningful reports. Provide database support to include verifying data integrity and assisting with the development of forms, queries, reports and table expansion. In support of director, liaison with department chairs & academic directors providing status updates as needed. Provide backup support in the areas of HR Reception and Ergonomic Coordination during planned absences and peak periods.
Work at computer for extended period of time.
Background Check Required:
This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
- Experience working in an HR environment interpreting and applying policies, procedures and processes pertaining to personnel, employee/labor relations and general administration.
- Experience working with human resource sensitive data and to discern level of confidentiality and keep appropriate information confidential.
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision to plan, coordinate and perform varied tasks.
- Experience using intermediate and advanced features in computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Experience in MS Access or other equivalent database to format tables, create easy entry forms, and extract raw data.
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills to research and analyze complex and differing information.
- Skills to compile and refine HR information into a presentable format with minimal direction.
- Strong proficiency in Excel and Word to refine data into meaningful reports.
- Interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to interact professionally and effectively in person, on the phone, online, and via email, with a diverse group of staff, students and clientele in a collaborative team environment.
- Customer service and administrative experience in a business office environment to interact with a diverse customer base, respond to customer inquiries, and creatively identify ways to meet customer needs. Experience diffusing conflict and crisis situations.
- Mathematical skills to perform calculations and to interpret quantitative information and draw conclusions.
Quick Link To This Position:
- Organizational and time management skills to effectively and efficiently structure work and projects to achieve timely progress on multiple simultaneous tasks, meet deadlines, and maintain a high level of productivity.
- Skills to review and analyze projects and recommend new tools, efficiencies and processes.
- Experience using UC PPS, PPS Decision Support, DaFis and Banner.
- Experience using and extracting data from UC Davis Extension business system TUBS.
- Experience speaking in front of groups of people to convey information or facilitate sessions.
The University of California was founded in 1868. Today it is widely considered the pre-eminent public research university system in the...