Network Test Automation Engineer
Are you a network test automation engineer with a background in making network devices feel stressed out? Do you immediately think of seven ways you could trick a device into admitting its programmers aren’t as smart as they think they are? Do you believe machines should do the repetitive work, and people the creative work? If so, you’re very likely the network test automation engineer we seek.
We are a growing advanced technologies team based in RTP, North Carolina, seeking software engineers to design and implement test harnesses for network devices advertising protocols and features serving layers 2 – 7. This is an ideal position for an early- to mid-career software professional who has experience with one or more network test automation harnesses and/or networking test gear. The candidate will be working with a team of software professionals focused on test automation in a number of disciplines.
This is a growth position in an advanced technology team charged with developing and exploring new technologies and approaches to delivering customer value. Members of this team are required to learn specific new technologies regularly in the course of completing assigned tasks, and to alert other members of the team to new technologies or problems that may be relevant to specific business objectives.
Our main site is situated in the Research Triangle Park area of North Carolina. We also have presence in San Jose, CA and Boston, MA.
Embraces constant change.
Strong independent worker.
Active reader and learner, staying current in related technologies.
Communicates effectively with team members.
Strong visual and written communication skills.
Comfortable working closely with a small team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Implementing test automation frameworks for repeatable functional tests, interoperability tests, stress/load/endurance tests, and performance measurement, as required.
Specifying, designing and implementing automated test cases and suites to exercise existing and new implementations of networking features and functions.
Designing and implementing network test-bed topologies in both physical and virtualized environments.
Knowledge and Skills:
Nice to Have:
- Experience in a network product test team.
- Demonstrated ability to deploy, configure, operate, and modify network devices in test environments.
- Experience with commercial, open source, and/or custom unit, functional and systems test automation systems.
- Experience with both white-box and black-box validation & verification.
- Experience with agile software development and test driven development methodologies
- Experience in distributed systems: architecture, design, deployment, troubleshooting, and testing.
- Computer science fundamentals including knowledge of: parsers, data structures, and analysis of algorithms.
Education and Previous Experience:
- Experience with IXIA test equipment.
- Experience interacting with VMware programmatically.
- Experience with performance measurement systems.
- Experience with network test automation products.
Minimum four year degree in computer science or related field; Masters preferred.
Experience in a network product test team
Cisco Systems - 7 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our em...