1. Complete daily pre-trip and post trip safety & operational inspections of the vehicle, including but not limited to checking the condition of a vehicle's tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, oil, fuel, water, and safety equipment to ensure that everything is in proper working order.
2. Drive a school bus safely in accordance with time schedules; transporting students to and from the Center and various field trips destinations as assigned. Comply with traffic regulations in order to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner
3. Assure maintenance of bus in safe and clean operating condition. Report needed mechanical repairs to supervisor. Sweep and mop interior of the bus and wash windows. Service the bus with gasl. Follow established security procedures
4. Call in to the Front Desk any and all accidents, vehicle damage, traffic or transportation issues and/or student injuries as they occur.
5. Attend department meetings, as assigned. Perform other related duties as assigned
6. Use Agency vehicles to make pick-ups and deliveries as directed.
7. Follow work routine to ensure assigned tasks are completed in accordance with established standards and schedules.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
Must be at least 21 years of age; possess a valid and appropriate IL CDL Driver License, a valid IL State School Bus Drivers Certificate. One year experience or more driving a school bus. Must be able to pass IDOT mandated physical exam. High School or trade school graduate or equivalent prior relevant work experience. Must pass pre-duty and randomly administered drug and alcohol tests. Maintain a safe driving record which meets the Center’s insurance requirements. Current Illinois Bus Driver Permit requires ablity to lift 50 pounds.
Requires knowledge of the proper application of first aid practices and procedures. Ability to read and interpret a map; exercise good judgment and extreme caution while operating a school bus; remain calm in an emergency situation; read and write in English at a level sufficient to successfully perform required duties, understand and carry out both oral and written instructions in an independent manner; recognize mechanical safety hazards in bus; meet the physical requirements necessary to safely and effectively perform the required duties; establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of duties; willingness to endure exposure to inclement weather.
NPO.net - 30+ days ago