Requisition ID: 59876
- Organization: Power
- Location: Reston, VA
Independently provides administrative support to the Chief Learning Officer, through research, analysis and coordination with other team members, utilizing a high degree of initiative, discretion, confidentiality, diplomacy, professionalism, flexibility, accuracy and knowledge of protocol.
Work Location: Reston, VA. Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
Work Schedule: 9/80 Work Schedule B (Mon-Thur 9 hour workdays; Fri alternating 8 hour workday / day off)
Job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Screens all phone calls and visitors; completes some business independently, refers some to other staff, forwards the most important to the executive, and follows up to ensure the appropriate action has been taken. Acts as a liaison between executive and senior management and staff in coordinating internal company business affairs.
· Composes and distributes complex correspondence using Bechtel standard word processing systems or other software applications. Keeps abreast of key issues, commitments, and priorities of the executive and the company. Often researches information and compiles summary reports. Reviews accuracy and format of outgoing documents which require the executive's signature.
· Reviews and distributes incoming hard copy and electronic mail. Responds independently to mail not requiring the executive's attention. Forwards some to department heads and follows up to ensure the appropriate action has been taken.
· Independently schedules and reschedules appointments on the basis of executive's commitments and priorities. Schedules meetings, including Committee and Board meetings, and coordinates materials.
· Independently maintains a hard copy or electronic calendar for manager to include Partner and Executive level meetings.
· Coordinate complex travel plans, passports and visas for executive. This will include preparing detailed itineraries, completing expense reports for executive's travel, and reconciliation of expenses against monthly corporate credit card statement.
· Coordinate ground transportation with Corporate Security Drivers as necessary.
· Coordinate and organize meetings (on and off site), conference calls and video conferences, arranging for facilities, equipment, and catering. This will include preparation and distribution of notices, agendas, information packets, and meeting minutes.
· Determines action on important or emergency matters or knows the person to contact in the executive's absence. Maintains file of important matters for the executive's attention upon return.
· May be responsible for the handling of the department budget.
· Compiles information, analyzes, and prepares routine studies, correspondence, and reports as directed by executive.
· Update the department or project Website, organization chart and personnel roster
· Coordinate and/or personally handle requests from customers, manager, and in-house work team.
· Arrange for Special Couriers (FedEx/UPS/DHL/etc.) and Media Services requests when necessary
· Assist with the coordination of Service Awards write-ups and presentations as necessary
· May be responsible for the handling and filing of confidential personnel files
· Provide timecard input or approval as a proxy for the executive..
· May be responsible for providing supervision over other admin assistants when necessary.
· Coordinates special activities and programs.
· Develops and supervises the implementation of office procedures and of filing and record-keeping systems.
· May administer highly sensitive and confidential financial matters.
· May prepare or provide input to daily work planning, training, and/or employee evaluation for assigned personnel.
· Performs other assignments as assigned using applicable automation systems/software. These assignments may include:
o Coordination of committee meetings and senior management meetings
o Preparation and control of budget and job-hour reports
o Coordination of special programs for the organization
o Administration of financial matters of a highly sensitive and confidential nature
o Acting as manager delegate to meetings
o Space planning and move coordination/automation coordination
Required Job Knowledge
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including thorough knowledge of grammatical rules, spelling, punctuation, and use of proper syntax.
· Extensive experience in all phases of administrative and secretarial functions.
· Experience working independently in a senior management environment.
· Knowledge of Bechtel's organizational structure, functions, and procedures
· Ability to coordinate executive-level meetings
· Ability to provide direction to other personnel
· Strong organizational skills
· Effective leadership skills
· Operation of Bechtel standard computerized systems and other information transmission systems
· Must be able to organize and prioritize administrative deliverables.
· Experience in budget activities may be required.
· Must have the right to work and remain in the United States without visa sponsorship.
· Must have minimum of 10 years office administrative/secretarial experience. Experience must have been obtained within the past 12 years.
· Must have a minimum of 8 years current experience supporting senior level management. Experience must have been obtained within the past 10 years.
· Must have a minimum of 5 years experience arranging both domestic and international travel including coordination of visas and passports. Experience must have been obtained within the past 7 years.
· Must have a minimum of 5 years experience managing executive calendars. Experience must have been obtained within the past 7 years.
· Must have experience in event coordination and arrangement of large meetings.
· Must have the ability to extract, compile, and analyze non-technical and semi-technical data for complex reports.
· Must have advanced writing and grammatical skills to author correspondence for executive signatures.
· Must be able to demonstrate advanced to expert level proficiency in the Microsoft Suite of applications (Word, Excel Outlook).
· Must be able to demonstrate professionalism and be able to interact with all levels of the organization.
· Must be able to make decisions on matters that do not require management level involvement.
· Must be able to independently anticipate problems and changing priorities.
· Must be willing and able to work overtime with little or no notice.
· Previous Bechtel experience working as an administrative assistant/secretary.
· Familiarity with Bechtel, and legal information management/records management requirements.
· Working knowledge of InfoWorks.
· Holds a current Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) or Certified Administrative Professional with Organizational Management (CAP-OM) credential.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).
Bechtel - 18 months ago
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...