The infrastructure engineer will be responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing management of a structured, standardized, and consolidated set of infrastructure services that optimally support business processes and applications. The proven candidate will provide an overall direction on the application of new technologies in order to provide a concrete set of solutions that meet business operations. They will utilize their specialized expertise to dispel hype, without missing opportunity. The right candidate will have extensive experience with technical and functional input for engineering, building and testing activities. The infrastructure engineer will have demonstrated the ability to align operational services with service-level agreements (SLA).
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record implementing virtual environments, massive storage environment configuration, implementation and maintenance, automation of failover procedures, monitoring and alerting, automated configuration of operational solutions, and geographic load balancing/replication techniques.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Architect Infrastructure solutions with no single points of failure. Including architecting failover solutions across multiple data centers
- Lead new technology integration via requirements analysis, proof of concept, design, and implementation. Make recommendations and implementations for new tools and technologies
- Provide in-depth technical and business knowledge to ensure efficient design and implementation
- Conduct technical studies and evaluations of business area requirements and recommend appropriate technological alternatives
- Conduct independent analysis of business models, logical specifications and/or user requirements to design business solutions
- Assist senior technology and architecture staff within the portfolio in determining the direction of current and future systems initiatives
- Architect solutions with full cloud computing elastic capabilities
- Recommend new technologies and products which enhance operations and functionality of systems
Education and/or Experience Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or other related discipline with 5-7 years experience, in similar industry. OR Master of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or other related discipline with 2-3 year experience in similar industry.
- 7 to 15 years of relevant work experience in technology services related to infrastructure technologies
- 5-7 years real world experience in Red Hat or CentOS or any other comparable version of UNIX in a service provider environment
- 3-5 years real world experience with mass server deployment tools and server virtualization technologies
- Strong knowledge of web applications, and supporting infrastructure technologies, LAMP a strong plus
- Experience with integrating complex technology platforms and initiatives in a fortune 500 company
- Experience managing high volume transaction web sites
- Working knowledge and experience with Web 2.0 technologies/architectures with a strong understanding of Web 3.0 architecture
- Experience implementing large scale, high availability, and fault tolerant web infrastructure in a dynamic environment
- A sense of urgency and responsibility for following through
- Ability to quickly learn existing complex systems infrastructure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently with excellent time management capabilities
- Strategic as well as detail oriented
- Must have valid US Passport and able to travel abroad on short notice
Disclaimer To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, behavior and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Q Interactive - 20 months ago