Location: Kansas City, KS - US
The Manufacturing Production Shift Leader is accountable for the safety, training, growth and development, and performance management of 20-25 primary union employees in a continuous manufacturing environment. The Manufacturing Production Shift Leader is expected to ensure the efficient execution of individual training plans, performance reviews, and other people processes and strategies intended to drive performance and business results.
This position will work on a rotating shift. Shifts are typically 8 hours per day – the person will work 7 consecutive days before having their 4.5 days off and will rotate every three weeks (morning, afternoon, and evening).
Responsibilities / Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead operations and 20+ personnel assigned to rotating shift.
- Drive workgroup to proactively achieve zero injuries / safety incidents.
- Resource shift in order to meet production schedules.
- Maximize quality and quantity of product delivered to warehouse to satisfy customer needs.
- Minimize controllable costs.
- Sustain high levels of product quality, with a target of zero quality defects or complaints.
- Communicate expectations and hold team members accountable for delivering exceptional performance results.
- Foster an environment that promotes teamwork and inclusion.
- Maintain plant housekeeping expectations.
About Owens Corning
- Minimum 3 - 5 years work experience in manufacturing, industrial, or related environment required. Union leadership experience is preferred.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or experience in Continuous Improvement preferred.
- Experience utilizing computer programs and Microsoft Office products.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; preference for Engineering or Business major
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) is a leading global producer of residential and commercial building materials, glass-fiber reinforcements, and engineered materials for composite systems. A Fortune® 500 company for 57 consecutive years, Owens Corning is committed to driving sustainability by delivering solutions, transforming markets, and enhancing lives. Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology with sales of $5.0 billion in 2010 and approximately 15,000 employees in 28 countries on five continents. Additional information is available at: www.owenscorning.com
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.
Owens Corning - 2 years ago
Owens Corning operates in the PINK. Famous for its Pink Panther mascot and its trademarked PINK glass fiber insulation, the company is a top...