Weis Markets is a large regional grocery chain headquartered in Sunbury, PA. The 166 stores flying the Weis banner are located in 6 states, PA, MD, NJ, NY, VA, WV. The company maintains a 1.2 million square foot warehouse facility in Milton, PA. SuperPetz division operates pet supply warehouse stores across the eastern U.S. Our 19,000+ employees come from across the world and diverse backgrounds; ready to serve the millions of customers who annually frequent our stores.
SUMMARY OF JOB:
Seafood Leader position provides leadership in Seafood Department by directing and managing all associate activities, including their training and development. Orders products and supplies for the department and implements company merchandising initiatives that accomplish sales and profit objectives while meeting customer requirements.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY :
Supervises all associates in Seafood Department. Specific number depends upon store.
Works in a high customer interface area. Will be required to work in seafood cooler/freezer, handle raw product and may experience some noise when equipment is running, otherwise normal store environment. Interacts with customers and associates daily.
Must be available to work the hours needed to complete tasks and meet the needs of customers including working overtime, nights and weekends.
• Lifting (up to 100lbs) and carrying (up to 50lbs). • Operating equipment (baler, power jack, scales, etc.). • Bending, reaching and grasping.
• Standing and walking. • Some tolerance for stress • Sight or peripheral vision • Verbal communication • May occasionally be exposed to temperatures of approximately -20F
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE INCLUDES:
• Medical Insurance Plans • Vision Care • Prescription Drug Coverage • Dental Care • Disability Benefits • Life Insurance Benefits • 401K Plan • Holidays/Personal Days • Vacation
Job Requirements :
• Manages department inventories by tracking sales reports and orders product and supplies so as to meet customer requirements while maximizing profits. Keeps inventories at a level to minimize out-of-stock and overstocks while insuring that merchandise is fresh.
• Schedules all meat associates, oversees and participates in ongoing training efforts in which department associates are taught specialized skills developed over years, rewards and recognizes their performance and delegates work assignments so as to utilize their talents and abilities while maximizing department profits.
• Develops and implements localized merchandising plans or follows guidelines and suggestions of company plans that help the meat department achieve sales and profit goals.
• Prepares, maintains and tracks all types of records concerning inventories to calculate gross monthly profits according to company guidelines.
• Follows established department procedures for receiving and unloading incoming shipments, pricing the product and stocking cases to ensure quality, protection, accuracy and proper rotation of product in the cases and cooler.
• Keeps department expenses under control by improving operations and efficiencies, meeting budgeted labor goals as determined by the company and by taking action to control shrinkage and pilferage losses.
• Maintains a safe and clean working environment to insure compliance with all safety and sanitation requirements as set forth by the company and mandated by state, federal and OSHA regulations. Ensures that associates work and operate the equipment in the department in a safe manner. Follows through to ensure compliance to local, state, and government weights and measures and labeling laws.
• Develops and maintains communication processes with other departments in order to devise marketing plans which will help meet the store’s profit objectives. Keeps Store Manager informed of these plans.
• Greets and takes orders from customers. Identifies areas in the Seafood Department where customer service could be improved, then institutes changes that address these concerns.
• Maintains accurate department records on all important matters including associate performance and discipline, sales plans, etc.
• Also performs duties of staff as required such as trimming and cutting.
This description represents a significant sampling of tasks performed, responsibilities and job knowledge required, however, it is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
• Good leadership skills and ability to effectively communicate with customers, associates and vendors
• Technical skills needed in seafood industry
• Strong verbal skills for dealing with customers and associates
• Some knowledge of computers
• Must read, write and have above average analytical skills to understand profit and loss statements and to interpret various reports
The Weis family is wise to the ways of grocery retailing. Weis (pronounced "Wise") Markets, founded in 1912, runs about 160...