Credit Risk Sr Associate - Collateral Risk Management
Federal Reserve Bank of New York
NY-New York City
Full-time / Part-time
9 AM to 5 PM
Target Start Date
Apr 8, 2013
The Risk Group assesses the Bank's financial and operational risks, supports policy development and oversight related to systemically important payment, clearing and settlement activity, and provides Secretariat and business technology support for the Subcommittee on Credit Risk Management. The Risk Group's priorities focus on initiatives related to advancing a culture of excellence, financial system resiliency and stability, and support for the execution of effective monetary policy.
Within Risk, the Collateral Risk Management department is responsible for measuring and advising on risk of structured finance exposure in special liquidity facilities and the universe of collateral, including the monitoring of primary structured credit markets, in order to support the assessment credit risk for main business areas of the Bank.
It performs advanced financial risk analysis of lending programs for policy development, lending decisions, and portfolio monitoring.
The Collateral Risk Management department is seeking an experienced, mid-level Credit Risk Analyst to support the execution of risk targeted assessments of diverse portfolios of assets pledged to the Bank by depository institutions.
The Credit Risk Analyst will perform research and fundamental credit analysis on fixed income securities and corporate loan obligors as well as assist in the development of written risk methodologies for different fixed income asset classes.
- Perform research on fixed income securities and corporate loan obligors, collaborate with senior analysts in performance of fundamental credit analysis of fixed income securities, and analyze collateral and issuance trends
- Assist in the development of written risk methodologies for different fixed income asset classes in collaboration with senior analysts or officers
- Monitor the environment for the occurrence of events related to the Bank's credit exposures; prepare timely alert reports, including the description of event, exposure amounts and discussion of potential outcomes
- Participate and contribute to the Collateral Risk Management department's short- and long-term data management strategy by assisting in the development of analytical tools and implementation of automation projects to realize efficiencies and maximize effectiveness
- A minimum of five years of direct experience with fixed income credit analysis within at least one major collateral sector such as structured finance, corporates, public finance or sovereigns; Master’s degree in related area or CFA preferred (but not required)
- Expertise in capital markets, credit ratings, credit analysis and financial metrics
- Strong technical/analytical skills; experience modeling using Excel, VBA and other programming languages
- Ability to manipulate, analyze and maintain large volumes of data; experience using SQL, SAS, MS Access, and/or other database programs
- Proficiency in Bloomberg, Intex, Trepp and other market and financial data services
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas clearly in reports using tables and charts
- Ability to work well in a team environment, complete assignments independently, and manage multiple responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail
This position requires access to confidential supervisory information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law.
Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, U.S. permanent residents who are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization, and U.S. permanent residents who have applied for naturalization within six months of being eligible to do so.
- Finance/economics/quantitative background
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York works within the Federal Reserve System and with other public and private sector institutions to foster...