Systems/Software Engr I
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
Designs limited enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools
Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on specific objectives and established project guidelines.
Executes and writes portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements
Participates as a member of project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem
Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution
Education and Experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Minimum 2-4 years experience
- Using software systems design tools and languages.
- Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
- Designing software systems running on multiple platform types
- Software systems testing methodology, including execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.
Puerto Rico-Puerto Rico-Aguadilla
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is a multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA. HP got...