Rasmussen College Adjunct faculty are primarily responsible for teaching assigned classes. They are contracted quarterly and may teach up to 3 classes per quarter. They are directly accountable to their students and Academic Dean.
We are currently looking for faculty to teach Linux Administration online.
- Must have a Master’s degree in Information Technology, Network Administration or equivalent. Rasmussen College follows the requirements set by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, and the states in which the campus operate.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in field.
- Must be able to provide official transcripts for each degree earned from an accredited institution before teaching.
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
Online Faculty Only:
- Classroom and Student Advisement
- Responsible for course material and updating the course syllabus.
- Assess student learning through varying methods (i.e. quizzes, tests, papers, group work or presentations).
- Incorporate a variety of teaching methods in class to all levels of student capacity.
- Provide academic and professional guidance for students.
- Prompt response to student emails (within 48 hours of receipt).
- Hold weekly office hours (1 hour for each course taught).
- Submit grades on a weekly basis.
- Develop a weekly lesson plan.
- Facilitate online discussions with students.
- Participate and complete New Online Faculty training.
- Must be able to log into Angel (course management system) 5 out of 7 days a week.
- Required to post in the discussion 3 times per week and 2 announcements per week.
- Professional Development and Campus Culture
- Attend and complete new faculty orientation and training including an online course.
- Encouraged to participate in campus events; graduation and all applicable training sessions.
- Participate in end of quarter faculty development.
- Participate in professional development activities that align with field of study.
Rasmussen College is a regionally accredited private college specializing in high-demand educational programs in a supportive,...