DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provides support for product managers in efforts to improve supplier operational performance, and control, manage, and decrease costs.
* Resolves product discrepancies and receiving exceptions and makes process improvement recommendations to avoid similar difficulties.
* Compiles supplier performance data for analysis and assists product managers in the development of monthly key results reports.
* Ensures new suppliers meet MSC operational requirements
* Compiles and analyzes, under guidance of product manager, supplier cost data and makes recommendations for improvement.
* Researches, under guidance of product manager, alternate supplier sources and makes recommendations for improvement actions.
* Expedites the enrollment of targeted suppliers for freight initiatives.
* Monitors supplier purchases relative to supplier purchase incentive programs to determine utilization and impact of programs.
* Supports Product Manager in development of new products and maintaining of existing products within the product line
* Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s mission.
Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
q An Associates Degree in Business or the equivalent is required.
q A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or the equivalent is Preferred.
q Minimum of one year business experience is required.
q Excellent mathematical and analytical skills are required
q Computer literacy and proficiency in Word Processing and Spreadsheet software is required.
q Excellent oral and written communications skills are also required.
q Negotiation skills are preferred.
MSC Industrial Supply Co. - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -