The Security Instructors position is responsible for delivering world class training classes (lecture, hands-on, real-world expertise) on Sourcefire technology and Snort "open source" technologies. This position is the subject matter expert on Sourcefire education offerings and will teach public classes, on-site training at the customer premise while reviewing and providing feedback on the courseware content, labs and delivery.
This position does require travel up to possibly 50% at times depending on the training schedule. This position will be supporting the training growth and delivery of the education program worldwide. At times when this position is not teaching, the individual would be assisting in course development.
The compensation for this position includes a generous base salary as well as quarterly bonus/commission based on achieving individual and company goals.
- Must have extensive networking experience in TCP/IP and have at least 5 years hands-on experience with configuring and operating networking devices such as routers and switches.
- Must know general information security principles and working knowledge of common hacking techniques.
- Must have at least 5 years experience using and deploying security technologies such as IDS/IPS, firewalls, vulnerability assessment tools and techniques.
- Must have at least 5 years experience using and administering a variety of operating systems including Linux and Windows (Windows 2003 Server or more recent).
- Must have outstanding presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex and highly technical content to audiences that range in skills from novice to expert.
- Must be capable of troubleshooting and diagnosing network, operating system and/or application issues quickly in dynamic training environments.
- Industry certifications a plus (CISSP, SnortCP, SFCP, SFCE)
Sourcefire - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -