Do you thrive in an environment where innovation and change are encouraged? If you are a big-picture person who is not afraid to make decisions, take responsibility for them, and strives to complete things on time - we want to talk to you! We continue to raise the bar in innovation and quality and seek people who want to make a real difference in healthcare.
Allscripts Corporation is a publicly traded, global healthcare information technology and services company with over 5000 employees worldwide. Allscripts provides advanced clinical, financial and management information software and service solutions to many of the largest and most prestigious hospitals, medical centers and integrated healthcare delivery networks in North America. Allscripts empowers healthcare organizations to improve patient safety, revenue cycle management and operational efficiency through innovative information solutions.
The Allscripts Managed Services Group provides strategic services to help healthcare organizations maximize outcomes while accelerating speed to value from IT initiatives. The Managed Services Group leverages its significant domain expertise of financial and clinical processes to assume operational responsibility for key IT projects. Flexible partial- or full-service outsourcing plans help each client meet its goals, increasing return on investment and greatly reducing risk.
We are currently seeking a dynamic leader to fill the role of Technical Services Manager to support Summit Medical Group, Summit, NJ. Ideal candidates should have the following skills and come from healthcare, commercial software, and/or high-technology companies. We seek self-starters who work well in high-pressure environments . The candidate must be a strong leader and team builder, move the organization to proactively managing our client’s critical technical environment, with heavy focus on customer interaction, and overall client satisfaction. Our client’s environment is a large Microsoft, IBM, and Cisco shop, so a strong background proactively managing these environments is critical.
Reporting to the CIO/Account Manager, the Technical Services Manager is a Senior Manager on the account responsible for the day-to-day management and oversight of the Technical Services organization. You will participate in the overall strategic planning effort for Summit’s Infrastructure Services and investigate and execute on opportunities to streamline Allscripts operations in an effort to continually provide a higher level of customer service to our client.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
² Providing accurate and timely completion of all system requested activities
- Management of all technical services personnel
² Management of Core Infrastructure Technical employees (Network, Distributed Systems, Data Center, Desktop and Telecom)
² Responsible for employee technical/professional development. Staff mentoring and team building is a key strength for the ideal candidate.
² Must be able to prioritize and manage all areas of responsibility effectively
² Coordinate employee activities to ensure proper support coverage in relation to project initiatives.
² Act as liaison and customer advocate between department, technical support teams and its customer base
² Oversee all Core Infrastructure teams with extensive background in managing large Microsoft and Cisco environments.
- Definition, procurement and quality support of all computing, networking, NOS, Data Center, and telecommunications services and infrastructure
² Responsible for the oversight of all projects within the Infrastructure Team
² The manager will provide regular reports on system status, capacity management and usage, and maintain records on all network and distributed systems inventory
² The manager supervises all Core Infrastructure systems employees, providing them with appropriate training and resources to perform their responsibilities
² Attend regular management meetings
² Provide necessary project communications
² Develop and maintain DR plans to meet the continuing needs of the business
- Disaster Recovery/BCP Planning
² DRP Budget forecast and management
² Background and understanding of geographically distributed Microsoft environments are required
² Responsible for ensuring all Core Infrastructure equipment is maintained at all times including a proactive maintenance schedule for all equipment
- Provide “computing” services on a day-to-day basis consistent with Service Level Agreement.
² Research, recommend, and implement where appropriate new technologies within the infrastructure areas to meet the client’s evolving business needs
- Responsible for understanding the relevant aspects of the Quality Management System and Customer Satisfaction Responsibilities relative to this job position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Required Education: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Masters preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in managing a technical services team in a large enterprise environment required, preferably in Healthcare with a strong background in managing large Microsoft, IBM, and Cisco environments required
- Experience or knowledge of Windows, Novell NetWare and Unix systems required
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of PC's, Servers, and LAN/WAN
- Knowledge of modern technologies and ability to relate them to financial and clinical applications.
- Proven team player.
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, communication, time management, and customer service skills with proven abilities in negotiating and cost justifying required.
- Experience with applications and systems software troubleshooting and support, database administration, budget preparation, project management, long term planning and quality assurance
- Strong, demonstrated working knowledge of NOS, networking, telecommunications and server-based computing technologies and procedures
- Strong sense of urgency in respect to dealing with customer related issues
Required Experience: 8 plus years experience I/T , 10 years preferred including 5 plus years in an I/T lead role in a large enterprise, preferably in Healthcare (specific background on the Microsoft, IBM, and Cisco platforms required).
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending account, company paid life insurance and 401(k) with company match.
Allscripts - 20 months ago
Jokes about doctors' handwriting may go the way of house calls, thanks to Allscripts Healthcare Solutions. The...