This position is primarily responsible for overseeing the activities of the Finance Department for the accurate and timely management of all accounts payable and accounts receivable components as well as financial management reporting. Completes monthly closings and account analysis and supports the Senior Manager in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes monthly closings and prepares monthly financial and statistical statements or reports.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Reconciles and maintains balance sheet accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Responsible for general ledger analysis and maintenance.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Develops internal systems of reports for evaluation and control of operations.
- Analyzes and reviews accounting issues and recommends improvement.
- Makes assessments on accounting policy, internal controls, and their implementation.
- Oversees and reviews payroll and time and attendance processing.
- Participates in a wide variety of special projects and prepares other monthly financial reports as needed.
- Assists with federal reporting and drawdowns and grants management.
- Assists and support in the annual budget process.
- Reviews and approves accounts payable invoices. Serves as back-up in the process when needed.
- Responsible for contract management and procurement documents and process.
- Performs other project duties as assigned.
- Self-motivated and able to perform high quality work within tight deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task as necessary.
- Strong problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Apply excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Take initiative, be adaptable, and maintain team spirit.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Extensive excel experience.
- Experience working with non-profits preferable.
- Experience with Sage Fund Accounting (MIP) and QuickBooks desirable.
Rhode Island Quality Institute is an EEO/AA Employer.
Indeed - 2 years ago