Provide senior level technical support for customers using SUSE Linux products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to provide accurate and timely resolutions to customer issues over the phone or electronically
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Pursue quality and continuous improvement
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, and technical writing skills are necessary
- Ability to analyze complex issues and alternative solutions, making logical decisions based on overall customer needs
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
- High level of initiative and self-motivation
- Strong background in administering and troubleshooting Linux
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex, critical and sensitive support issues over the phone and electronically. This could include on-site visits.
- Document solutions to known issues
- Management status and activity reporting to customer and SUSE
- Availability to occasionally be on call after hours and on weekends
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar technical field or equivalent experience required
- Must have 7+ years of experience in related position with a technology company
- Demonstrated, strong skills with customer service
- Programming experience preferred
- CLP, CLE certification and/or practical experience with Linux is desired
- Extensive PC experience required
- Experience with multiple network operating systems such as NetWare, Linux and Windows is required
- Ability to travel to customer's locations and resolve technical issues while maintaining good relationships with customer and Novell / SUSE is required
With more than 340 employees, SuSE Linux AG is one of the world's largest Linux specialists. Thanks to its stability and quality, SuSE Linux...