Samsung Austin Semiconductor (SAS) is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the United States, producing logic components for tablets, smart phones, and other mobile devices. Since 1997, SAS has been at the forefront of manufacturing technology, enabling the world's digital devices to operate at the highest performance.
The Defect Elimination team has a mission to improve defect detection and recipe quality, and to provide better coverage and faster TAT. As a Defect Elimination Engineer on the Infra team, you will create and optimize defect detection recipes and support all DE systems and systems-related changes in a high volume 24x7 manufacturing environment. You will sustain inspection recipe quality for both 32 and 28nm and you will develop 20nm recipe setup, which includes defects gap analysis.
Common Essential Duties & Resp.
- Formulate effective inline inspection strategy & methodology to support advanced technology development activities.
- Drive continuous improvement to streamline DE workflow on inline defect detection efficiency and defect monitoring.
- Establish DOIs defect characterization techniques and drive inline DE recipes optimization and innovation to meet defect capture rate and nuisance rate requirements.
- Drive equipment vendors to improve or optimize applications to meet development requirements
- Define and maintain relevant defect matrices for product performance, reliability, yield, and breakeven utilization targets for cost optimization.
- Design, execute and analyze partition studies to evaluate process results or equipment baseline performances with a view to achieve industry competitive standards.
- Serve as a technical leader for defect metrology for collaboration with other Samsung (or another alliance member company) 300mm facilities and support tool selection strategies in emerging facilities for inspection equipment and software solutions.
- Provide effective leadership and mentorship for defect technicians to execute defect scans or data reviews in support of departmental projects.
- Required hands-on for day to day review of information, evaluation of defect monitoring strategies and understanding of defect mechanisms with the mindset of making a difference.
- Required to work in a clean-room environment to supervise, execute or oversee activities.
Necessary Skills / Attributes
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Chemistry, Physics or related technical fields.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years experience in high volume semiconductor manufacturing.
- Advanced degree is preferred.
- Experience with bright field and dark field inspection tools including recipe maintenance and development. Familiarity with KT defect scan and HMI e-beam scan tools is strongly desired.
- Working experience in CMOS process and process module/equipment (200mm/300mm) are strongly desired.
- Working knowledge in SPC and DOE methodology is required.
- Prior employment in a vendor specializing in defect tool applications is preferred.
- Knowledge of YMS (Yield Management Software) such as Datamanager or Klarity, software platforms is required.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation) and experience as a contributing member of cross functional teams is required.
- Strong data mining, troubleshooting skills, and an energetic/self starter personality preferred.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and able to react to shifting priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines, schedules and commitments is required.
Monster - 15 months ago
Samsung Group is a South Korean multinational conglomerate company headquartered in Samsung Town, Seoul. It comprises numerous subsidiaries...