The Comptroller reports to the President and C.E.O. and is responsible for all financial records, payroll, banking and daily operations of the accounting department. The Comptroller must perform all required accounting functions of the company in a timely and accurate manner; provide reports and schedules to the company’s CPA Firm in the preparation of all financial statements. The Comptroller must work within corporate policies and procedures and in compliance with all Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Administer and monitor the financial system in order to ensure that the company finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversee the accounts payable and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate records of all moneys.
- Manage employee files and records in order to ensure accurate payment of benefits and allowances.
- Manage the bi-weekly payroll in order to ensure that employees are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide efficient and effective office management.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Maintain all company operating, payroll, savings and investment banking accounts including deposits, disbursements and balancing.
- Monitor daily cash balances in operating, savings and investment bank accounts to cover obligations and maximize interest earnings.
- Prepare monthly cash projection reports.
- Complete federal and state payroll tax returns and necessary deposits to the company bank.
- Process and issue all accounts payable and subcontractor payments.
- Generate monthly recaps for Workers Compensation and General Liability insurance premiums.
- Maintain employees Personnel files including all tax, forms, Insurance records and Employment and Drug Test Records.
- Assist and review with management employees Health Insurance questions.
- Perform fiscal year end accounting close outs with CPA.
- Process employee year end W2’s and 1099 Forms distributing to employee/payee and appropriate Federal and State Agencies.
- Maintain all accounting files and records on each project and verify subcontractors and vendors meet all requirements of contract agreement prior to any payments.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or Business Administration and/or completion of second level of a recognized accounting program combined with related financial experience.
- Proficient knowledge of and ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and listening skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish is considered an asset.
- Ability to prepare financial statements and reports.
- Proficient knowledge of payroll systems and reporting.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
Qualitative & Other Attributes Required:
- High integrity (honest, trustworthy, respectful and dependable)
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Effective time management.
- Logical decision-making ability.
- Capacity to handle pressure.
- Physical and mental fitness is a given.
- Strong focus on quality.
Indeed - 21 months ago
T.K. Davis Construction, Inc. founded in 2000 and based in Richmond, VA is one of the most sought after resources for commercial, industrial...